Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fine hasn't been reduced because it is still within the suspension period.

They are not under investigation City have been referred.

Manchester City say they are "disappointed, but regrettably not surprised" after being referred to the Club Financial Control Body adjudicatory chamber following an investigation into financial fair play.

UEFA opened an investigation into alleged financial irregularities at the club earlier this year but City deny any wrongdoing and say the accusations are entirely false.

A panel investigating financial allegations concerning City are expected to recommend the club receive a one-year ban from the Champions League, according to Sky sources.

Imagine,

Supporting Liverpool (European, world and soon to be English champions)

Then, spend your days pretending to be an Everton fan on the Internet, to talk about Man City’s finances, on a match day.

It’s like winning the lottery and spending your days down the dole office eating rustlers burgers.

I think it would of been much easier and much more civil just to admit you were wrong.
Only I wasn’t wrong about anything. City paid a fine of £17m 5 years ago, and currently haven’t been charged with any further FFP breach.

When you offer civility and not insults like saying my stupidity knows no bounds, then you can try and take the moral high ground. Until then, sit down.

Liverpool are literally playing this very second.

Mental

Attachments

• 6212BAA7-9C78-490D-9E0D-E833C9D1881E.png
    6212BAA7-9C78-490D-9E0D-E833C9D1881E.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 320

Obviously the new ground which will be one of the very best in the premiership, in a prime location, add all the media money and the better sponsorships that we will get, the increased crowds. The question is mate, how do you think it won't ?

The clubs value will increase due to a number of factors.

Firstly, the ageing old Lady was an issue that needed resolving, as it doesn’t meet the requirements of a top tier stadium in the current era. As a result, it’s replacement was as much about necessity as it was about increasing matchday revenue. Therefore the value of the business reflected the requirement to solve the conundrum, ergo once it’s solved that inhibitor disappears.

Secondly the new facility will increase not only match day and corporate revenue but also provide an opportunity for incremental income e.g. concerts, boxing and use as a conference / meeting venue.

Lastly the intangible benefit of the club having a new iconic stadium that reflects its stature.

Thanks both and I'm not saying the new stadium won't earn or create anything of value. Of course it will but whether it goes beyond say the possible £500m build cost I'm sceptical. The point below is the only real concrete one but is, ironically, the hardest to measure.

"Firstly, the ageing old Lady was an issue that needed resolving, as it doesn’t meet the requirements of a top tier stadium in the current era. As a result, it’s replacement was as much about necessity as it was about increasing matchday revenue. Therefore the value of the business reflected the requirement to solve the conundrum, ergo once it’s solved that inhibitor disappears."

A £500m outlay at say a min 7% cost of money requires a huge return every season to just break even. Is there huge scope to increase ticket prices and the match going attendance? A bit but not much. Same for corporates. The RS have hoovered up most of the local big business and regional players.

Naming rights? Yes absolutely. But need to consider the difference between what you'd sell naming rights at Goodison for ones at the new stadium. There's nothing actually to stop us taking that cash in today.

As for the wider Dock area we are only leasing the area for a stadium and basic ancillary amenities. We won't benefit from any wider residential development etc.

Is Everton a more valuable commodity to the far eastern TV market if we're sat in a shiney new stadium. yes probably but is that sufficient for the return on £500m? Presumably only as a rich man's plaything.

Thanks both and I'm not saying the new stadium won't earn or create anything of value. Of course it will but whether it goes beyond say the possible £500m build cost I'm sceptical. The point below is the only real concrete one but is, ironically, the hardest to measure.

"Firstly, the ageing old Lady was an issue that needed resolving, as it doesn’t meet the requirements of a top tier stadium in the current era. As a result, it’s replacement was as much about necessity as it was about increasing matchday revenue. Therefore the value of the business reflected the requirement to solve the conundrum, ergo once it’s solved that inhibitor disappears."

A £500m outlay at say a min 7% cost of money requires a huge return every season to just break even. Is there huge scope to increase ticket prices and the match going attendance? A bit but not much. Same for corporates. The RS have hoovered up most of the local big business and regional players.

Naming rights? Yes absolutely. But need to consider the difference between what you'd sell naming rights at Goodison for ones at the new stadium. There's nothing actually to stop us taking that cash in today.

As for the wider Dock area we are only leasing the area for a stadium and basic ancillary amenities. We won't benefit from any wider residential development etc.

Is Everton a more valuable commodity to the far eastern TV market if we're sat in a shiney new stadium. yes probably but is that sufficient for the return on £500m? Presumably only as a rich man's plaything.

A lot of interesting points in this. As a point of order it's worth stating that Spurs are borrowing close to 2% so I doubt we are borrowing at 7%, I suspect we will be around 3%.

I do think there is a wider picture with the stadium linked to broader business interests. I also think, it's a very effective way to help navigate some of the needlessly stringent rules around FFP. Thats why it's being pursued I would say. As a knock Everton get a new stadium on the waterfront, so it's a bit of a win win.

A lot of interesting points in this. As a point of order it's worth stating that Spurs are borrowing close to 2% so I doubt we are borrowing at 7%, I suspect we will be around 3%.

I do think there is a wider picture with the stadium linked to broader business interests. I also think, it's a very effective way to help navigate some of the needlessly stringent rules around FFP. Thats why it's being pursued I would say. As a knock Everton get a new stadium on the waterfront, so it's a bit of a win win.

Did I miss something in his post you were replying to, is not the lease for 200 years? If so do we need to worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.