Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
All correct however Gana’s value in the books is very low, if we sell him then we can increase our wage bill by what ever he goes for plus £7 million which is why I think he’s nailed on to leave.

We barely see any benefit selling Walcott, Tosun, Schneiderlin etc....We see massive FFP benefits selling Gana.

Essentially this. I think this was also why they were happy to move Ross on as it happens.

I think the debate is around whether we spend now or in the summer. Given how Silva is doing I think it has increasingly moved towards in the summer. If Silva turns it around he gets to spend it, if not a new manager will be in.

We look to be trying to get some big deals done, Ndombele, Lozano, Felix etc. Some high profile young players that may only be available come the summer. Throw in Gana's fee as potential wage increases and they become far easier options.

3 years this will go on for.

the majority are on long contracts given out last year

I said at the time, that cenk tosun, un proven in the prem and behind arouna kone in the Turkish scoring stats at the time, got a 4.5 year deal was absolutely ridiculous.

if he was a dud, which he very much is, then we are lumbered with him for 4.5 years,

2 year contracts should be the max in my book.
Totally agree - contracts mean little or nothing nowadays unless the player is simply a sponger and prepared to steal a living...and we appear to have way too many of them on our books. If a player comes to us and proves himself then we can renegotiate his contract. However, I also accept that if he does turn out good then we would probably lose him to someone else for little or no resale value. The only way to avoid this would be to ensure he is paid above market wages for the two seasons and then if anybody was to come in for him they would to have at least match them.
Mind you, it sounds simple but I do realise that agents will always push for protracted contracts so that, at least, their 'clients' are secure irrespective of how they perform. And therein lies the problem and it's a tough one to resolve unless we can persuade players to build into their contracts some sort of performance related pay structure but then why would they when they can sit on their derrieres and still get the same money not performing?!

Under the FFP/STCC we're only allowed to increase our wages at 7 million per year or just under 135k a week which these days is one player. We're allowed to increase that 7 million figure by making profits on our player sales but unfortunately we aren't profiting on our player sales because we bought a bunch of crap players that nobody really wants to take off our hands.

So now we need the contracts to expire and the players' book values to decrease enough that we can make a profit on them. It's going to be slow going for a little while.
We can increase by more as long as we increase commercial incomes accordingly (including income from player sales) such as sponsorship. The thing is we have already done this e.g. USM sponsoring Finch Farm and I’m not sure how much further they could go without it being scrutinised under FFP. City have certainly flouted the rules in this way but there is an outside chance it could come back and bite them.

We can increase by more as long as we increase commercial incomes accordingly (including income from player sales) such as sponsorship. The thing is we have already done this e.g. USM sponsoring Finch Farm and I’m not sure how much further they could go without it being scrutinised under FFP. City have certainly flouted the rules in this way but there is an outside chance it could come back and bite them.
It wont come back to bite them too many support City now for the spineless cowards in FIFA to do anything, if PSG never got done then nobody will.

Wish he could get one of his companies to do a big naming rights deal for GP until we move to BMD.

Some would fume but if it gives us the flexibility to sign players so be it.

Wish he could get one of his companies to do a big naming rights deal for GP until we move to BMD.

Some would fume but if it gives us the flexibility to sign players so be it.

it a wonder we haven't gone down this route, esp after 'sponsoring' finch farm.

even if its 100m it all helps with players wages

Or we could just wait till contracts expire and use our own money.

You honestly think Usmanov made his money by paying wages for crap players.

Sensible business decisions.
No usmanov is very rich because he is / was very very prudent.

His best mate is an accountant for crying out loud!

Haermergging money is not what they do.

They must be miffed here bigtime

Status
Not open for further replies.