Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has plenty. Most of you have absolutely no idea...

I noticed that at least twice this afternoon on Talksport, Andy Jacobs referenced Usmanov as being involved in Everton. 2 completely different items as well.

I have no idea what connections Jacobs has in the London football scene, but I do know he worked for Chelsea.

Maybe nothing other than the musings of a presenter, but the way he just came out with, it was like how he would have referred to the owner/backer of United or Spurs.

I noticed that at least twice this afternoon on Talksport, Andy Jacobs referenced Usmanov as being involved in Everton. 2 completely different items as well.

I have no idea what connections Jacobs has in the London football scene, but I do know he worked for Chelsea.

Maybe nothing other than the musings of a presenter, but the way he just came out with, it was like how he would have referred to the owner/backer of United or Spurs.

his company , USM , sponsors our training ground.

so he is defo 'involved' … you could say SportsPesa are also involved with us, which they very much are too

Its not about lack of money currently, I see a few people saying "get the chequebook out Mosh", but we cant spend, we are at our limits for wages, we are very much at our limit for squad size, money cant help us currently, we need time, we need contracts to expire and we need some mugs to take some very bad players off us.

So what im saying is that even if Bill Gates and Carlos Slim owned us, we still couldnt buy anybody as it stands.

his company , USM , sponsors our training ground.

so he is defo 'involved' … you could say SportsPesa are also involved with us, which they very much are too

I know, but it was the way he casually referenced him while talking about the club/spending. Like if he was talking Spurs, he might reference their money man.

Just noticed it, like I said, could be nowt. But seemed odd.

Its not about lack of money currently, I see a few people saying "get the chequebook out Mosh", but we cant spend, we are at our limits for wages, we are very much at our limit for squad size, money cant help us currently, we need time, we need contracts to expire and we need some mugs to take some very bad players off us.

So what im saying is that even if Bill Gates and Carlos Slim owned us, we still couldnt buy anybody as it stands.
Under the FFP/STCC we're only allowed to increase our wages at 7 million per year or just under 135k a week which these days is one player. We're allowed to increase that 7 million figure by making profits on our player sales but unfortunately we aren't profiting on our player sales because we bought a bunch of crap players that nobody really wants to take off our hands.

So now we need the contracts to expire and the players' book values to decrease enough that we can make a profit on them. It's going to be slow going for a little while.

that's interesting to no I would bet a lot of people aren't aware that we cannot sign a player till we sell a player I take its because of this Fair play thing is it

We can blame who we like, but we here and we have to deal with it sensibly and it will need a degree of patience sadly.
From what I've read this 7 million per year figure is from rules that were only set to be in place until the end of the 18/19 season so there's a good chance it will be revised in light of the increased TV deals and the pace might not be so slow.

Under the FFP/STCC we're only allowed to increase our wages at 7 million per year or just under 135k a week which these days is one player. We're allowed to increase that 7 million figure by making profits on our player sales but unfortunately we aren't profiting on our player sales because we bought a bunch of crap players that nobody really wants to take off our hands.

So now we need the contracts to expire and the players' book values to decrease enough that we can make a profit on them. It's going to be slow going for a little while.
3 years this will go on for.

the majority are on long contracts given out last year

I said at the time, that cenk tosun, un proven in the prem and behind arouna kone in the Turkish scoring stats at the time, got a 4.5 year deal was absolutely ridiculous.

if he was a dud, which he very much is, then we are lumbered with him for 4.5 years,

2 year contracts should be the max in my book.

We can blame who we like, but we here and we have to deal with it sensibly and it will need a degree of patience sadly.

Apparently we are not struggling in terms of the bureaucratic side of the operation.

I suspect there is a feeling that there's not an awful lot of value in January and the question marks over the manager will not be helping. I can't imagine Brands being stupid enough to throw a lot of dough at a manager/team who can finish 7th at best and who may not be here next season.

A lot will be revealed by what we do in the summer I suppose.

All correct however Gana’s value in the books is very low, if we sell him then we can increase our wage bill by what ever he goes for plus £7 million which is why I think he’s nailed on to leave.

We barely see any benefit selling Walcott, Tosun, Schneiderlin etc....We see massive FFP benefits selling Gana.

Whats significant about this is that there will be no correction. Yes people can talk about technicalities that he sponsors us (or USM do) but it's interesting that the naysayers will often diminish the significance of this, while at the same time suggest it's the essential thing if a comment such as the above is made.

The majority of his listeners will not think that Jacobs is referring to the sponsorship. (I am guessing he made it in relation to Usmanov's potential acquisition of AC Milan) so within this context it makes no sense for it to be about anything other than ownership and control of the club. If it were not the case, and he has no involvement then we can expect a pretty quick retraction from Talksport on the advice (either privately or publicly) of Usmanov. This is what he has done with other linked clubs such as Charlton and Newcastle.

On that same subject, has Moshiri launched any legal action against the BBC yet? The flagship program that suggested Usmanov was involved with Everton. While I am not suggesting that his potential failure to take any legal action (that I know of) means it's true, you do have to ask why 2 very wealthy individuals have not sought to get the BBC to present any kind of retraction?

As I always say none of this means he's definitely here. It just presents a very compelling case that he may well be. Believe me there would have been a briefing before that show went out between producer and dh's, and in a case like this quite possibly to the editor of the station. They will have all okayed that comment. It could be that they have been instructed to do so. Or it could be, that it's actually quite common knowledge in wider footballing circles?

Status
Not open for further replies.