Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Bernard I know is Bernard Reid...an old school pal. He was a very talented mathematician. I ran into him a while ago...he had piled on the weight. I do not however recall him being particularly xenophobic, homophobic, or anti-semetic.

Maybe he should go into showbiz?
Apparently that exonerates all previous musings.
I heard of a wacky old Austrian fella....

The only Bernard I know is Bernard Reid...an old school pal. He was a very talented mathematician. I ran into him a while ago...he had piled on the weight. I do not however recall him being particularly xenophobic, homophobic, or anti-semetic.
Didn't add up hey?

Bernard Bresslaw died in 1993, Bernard Manning in 2007. I spoke to Bernard Bresslaw about a month before he died, despite his image as an idiot soldier in the Army Game he spoke 'very correct' and was very 'actorish' In fact he died while performing Shakespeare in the Regents Park Open Air theatre. I met Bernard Manning a few times when I was helping the Variety Club Childrens Charity. Sorry admin this is off topic, but needed clarifying.
All's Well That Ends Well?

Lots of Bernards friends were ethnic and Jewish...difficult in entertainment not to have a number of Jewish friends, I have !. Bernards jokes were anti racist, and people who really understood the jokes got this. Its a bit like Apocalypse Now, a really violent movie, but in reality an anti war movie. Its very naive of you to think that Bernard was racist and anti semetic...he was the opposite.
Said no one ever....

I've no doubts as to your integrity, Steve. You've always struck me as a decent sort on here and Kipper, however, don't try to tell me Manning was anything other than a xenophobic, homophobic, anti-semetic racist.
He built a "career" out of it, if I recall correctly there was even secret recordings of him espousing racist diatribe?

Anyway, massively off track here, soz Mods.
Sorry mods...I know this should be somewhere else.'Performance' is one thing, the real person is usually something else. 'Ken Dodd' the comical clown was a long way from Ken Dodd the intellectual classic scholar with a library of 30,000 books.,The great classical actor Lawrence Olivier was a commoner who liked to go to the pub(a lot). Just a couple of examples.'Bernard Manning' was a performance, nothing more.

Sorry mods...I know this should be somewhere else.'Performance' is one thing, the real person is usually something else. 'Ken Dodd' the comical clown was a long way from Ken Dodd the intellectual classic scholar with a library of 30,000 books.,The great classical actor Lawrence Olivier was a commoner who liked to go to the pub(a lot). Just a couple of examples.'Bernard Manning' was a performance, nothing more.
Were you Bernard's fluffer?

That's the same argument Lorraine Kelly used to avoid paying tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.