Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, City and Chelsea, along with the other 20 clubs in the league all take bridging loans every summer.

No, I don't know why, they just do.
Most clubs though use a revolving Credit facility from a bank though. That is far cheaper.

The reason they have an RCF is because of the cyclical nature of Football revenues. Income isn't linear through the season. So you would either need to keep cash reserves that attract no interest or have a RCF.

Most clubs though use a revolving Credit facility from a bank though. That is far cheaper.

The reason they have an RCF is because of the cyclical nature of Football revenues. Income isn't linear through the season. So you would either need to keep cash reserves that attract no interest or have a RCF.
No offence but im pretty sure our multi-billionaire accountant knows what hes doing.

So what are you suggesting that we are being bankrolled by Usmanov but in such a clever way that he isn't using any of his own money. Maybe he should let his mate Abramovich know how he does it.
The same way we are doing it.

Chelsea owe Roman Billions, Everton owe Moshiri millions.

Chelsea take a bridging loan, along with the other 19 clubs in the league and I suspect a lot of EFL clubs also.

Its quite normal.

No offence but im pretty sure our multi-billionaire accountant knows what hes doing.

You would think so. However, there is a long history of successful businessmen who have made their money by being smart making crazy emotional decisions the moment they own a Football Club. It is quite possible for a businessman to be frugal and responsible in their day job but blow money on their hobbies.

As the saying goes if you want to make a small fortune from Football start with a large one.

So what are you suggesting that we are being bankrolled by Usmanov but in such a clever way that he isn't using any of his own money. Maybe he should let his mate Abramovich know how he does it.
I mean, maybe you have missed USM, Megafon, Piramatch and my games logos all over the place?

But yet you still claim Usmanov isnt bankrolling us.

You could maybe open your eyes?

Imagine lil ole Gwladys thinking he’s Maynard Keynes and telling a billionaire he’s doing it all wrong.

You should be grateful the billionaire taxes pay your Giro you scruffy Kopite rat
I am not a Kopite nor unemployed. There is no such thing as a Giro. Oh and Moshiri is a resident of Monaco so doesn't pay UK taxes.

Apart from that you are bang on the money.

Nah I’m suggesting that billionaires know what they’re doing with their money, which is why the majority of clubs take bridging loans even those with very rich owners.

Im not sure why some people still live in this fantasy world where they expect billionaires to go ‘I have 4 billion in the bank, here’s a 100 million pound gift for Everton’s summer transfers. Now I have 3.9 billion in the bank’. It obviously doesn’t work like that but some seem completely adverse to any other sort of financing whatsoever.

The same way we are doing it.

Chelsea owe Roman Billions, Everton owe Moshiri millions.

Chelsea take a bridging loan, along with the other 19 clubs in the league and I suspect a lot of EFL clubs also.

Its quite normal.
That simply isn't true the last time Chelsea took out a loan and had a charge placed on the club was the 30th of June 2006. The previous charge placed on the Club was 1997.

Nah I’m suggesting that billionaires know what they’re doing with their money, which is why the majority of clubs take bridging loans even those with very rich owners.

Im not sure why some people still live in this fantasy world where they expect billionaires to go ‘I have 4 billion in the bank, here’s a 100 million pound gift for Everton’s summer transfers. Now I have 3.9 billion in the bank’. It obviously doesn’t work like that but some seem completely adverse to any other sort of financing whatsoever.
The majority of Clubs do not take out bridging loans. Bridging loans are historically a last resort and very expensive. Most clubs usually have a revolving Credit Facility with a bank at a much lower interest rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.