Uefa Cup Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
Does anyone know what kind of money Uefa Cup qualifying generates did a quick search and aparerntly its 70,000 euro prize money per every round you successfully qualify for. Not inclusive of t.v. rights and gate receipts. Not really mega money and realisticly only enough to cover beats and AVDM wages for a week.

However the sources were a little dubious does anyone have a better idea?

i seem to remember the club saying two years ago that teams can lose money in the early rounds of the cup. if you go all the way and win the uefa you stand to win in the region of 5 million.

i seem to remember the club saying two years ago that teams can lose money in the early rounds of the cup. if you go all the way and win the uefa you stand to win in the region of 5 million.

That's the figure i remember being mentioned as well Teppic.

Stuff of dreams lads though isnt it! maybe next tme we qualify for the CL we wont have to play a Villareal! (it was always a goal)

We dont watch football to get turned on by accounts!

Stuff of dreams lads though isnt it! maybe next tme we qualify for the CL we wont have to play a Villareal! (it was always a goal)

We dont watch football to get turned on by accounts!

No we dont mate, and as for that goal that wasn't given, Collina must know he got it wrong. :dodgy: :angry:

more games means more gates, and you guessed it more cash for seats, corporate and consumables. of course all this could be maximised in a new stadium....yawn....

Worth remembering that each PL place is worth around £1 million so it's important that any European adventure doesn't hinder our PL chances like it has other clubs in the past.

Wow i hope it is a million! Agreed though Bruce the P.L. is important bread and butter at the end of the day! Steve Coppell came out this week and said that he felt quailfying for europe would be detrimental to his sides development! Having said that id rather be in it then not as i said in another thread we dont follow football to get turned on by accounts!

Some of the attendances at UEFA matches this season suggest that overkill is happening in the game, they have been down across the board. Possibly the novelty effect will carry us through a second season in this event but it may not be as lucrative as it sounds, all this money, prem and uefa, doesn't add up to Fernandes fee.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.