U21's most likely to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always good to be enthusiastic about our Lundstrams and Brownings and Longs and Ledsons. Until we remember the recent list of those who at some point were 'nailed on' to break through to the first team:
Jose Baxter - Sheffield Utd (and amazingly still only 22)
James Wallace - Sheffield Utd (23)
John Paul Kissock - Whitehawk in the Conference South (24)
Jake Bidwell - Brentford (21)
James Vaughan - Huddersfield (26 and, to be fair, he had dreadful luck with injuries)

let alone a bunch of defenders I thought might make it (Mark Hughes, Paddy Boyle, John Irving) who ended up in weird and wonderful pastures on the other side of the world or Airdrie. And let's not get started on our academy keepers.

Remember Conor Grant from a couple of pre-seasons ago? He was going to break right in...

Conor grant has been really unlucky with injuries too. Although i do think bobby rates him we have so many in centre mid including ledson think it will be hard for him to break through

From the Echo Q&A with Greg O'Keeffe

NubiBlue: #Ledson was a big shout to make his debut this season, but seems to have dropped off. Is he still in the manager's thoughts?

Yes - as is Liam Walsh, another young man who is doing very well. I'd still be surprised if both don't get a chance to be involved with the senior squad at some point this season. Add striker Chris Long to that as well.

From the Echo Q&A with Greg O'Keeffe

NubiBlue: #Ledson was a big shout to make his debut this season, but seems to have dropped off. Is he still in the manager's thoughts?

Yes - as is Liam Walsh, another young man who is doing very well. I'd still be surprised if both don't get a chance to be involved with the senior squad at some point this season. Add striker Chris Long to that as well.

If he could keep doing this he would be in with a shout

I take it some of the u18 lads who played last night wont be playing for the u18s vrs liverpool today then?

Status
Not open for further replies.