U21's most likely to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So McAleny is in a sort of purgatory between the U21's and the first team, where he's too old to play for the rezzies and not good enough to play for the first XI. That will help his development...

Browning's development is being stunted by the presence of Hibbert. He should have 4/5 first team games under his belt so far this season
Possibly, although a defence going through an awful patch of form is not the ideal environment to thrust a young player.

We are only 9 games into a long season, give it time. Browning has already made two sub appearances > 10mins, it was only by the end of November last season that Stones had seen even that amount of league game time.

Pennington is a very athletic lad and can put himself about,already been on loan to Tranmere Rovers last season
did okay there ,he has a decent chance of progressing with Everton.

Mathew Kennedy, on loan at Hibernian,scored last night against Dundee Unt.,although they lost on penalties.
Saw him a couple of times , good control and can go past a man with ease but tends to hang on to the ball a
bit too much , maybe a spell back in Scotland will help him .

Three players in the England U17's today - James Yeates, Nathan Holland and Tom Davies, think Tom Davies has also been captain of the team.

Not Everton u21's yet but looks like there are some more coming through after Ledson and Kenny.

and from that age group walsh and dowell are rated higher with the club.

Possibly, although a defence going through an awful patch of form is not the ideal environment to thrust a young player.

We are only 9 games into a long season, give it time. Browning has already made two sub appearances > 10mins, it was only by the end of November last season that Stones had seen even that amount of league game time.

That's right. Through January of last season, Stones had 2 League Cup starts and 5 PL substitute appearances. He was on the team sheet for every fixture, and Browning hasn't been, but that's more due to this deeper team I imagine. Browning has appeared as substitute in 2 of the 4 fixtures he's been on the team sheet. Give him time.

Out of everyone mentioned on this thread, I would expect 1 or 2 max to make it at Everton. The leap from u21s to the first team is massive. From what Ive seen, I think Garbutt looks the real deal. Beautiful crosser of the ball and a decent defender too. Shame he has the worlds best left back to displace.
Out of the strikers available, Hope and Long have always been dreadful whenever Ive seen them, even against other youth teams. I always thought that McAleny looked a far better prospect and just had an unfortunately timed injury. He is 22 and has been given a 3 year contract which makes me think that Bobby fancies him for the first team.

With the right results, Krasnodar might be a dead rubber, so perhaps he's eyeing that one up?
winners of each group game receives 250,000 Euro (a draw is 100grand each)...I guess though, that in today's footballing world, those amounts are chump change, so you're probably right

I think a lot more of the younger players might have more of a future. Likes of Brewster, Ledson, Davies, Walsh, Williams and Kenny have impressed me. Think Long, Galloway, Browning and Garbutt can have a future at the club too. Rate Kenny and Ledson the highest out of them all, think when Hibbert retires Kenny will be straight in there as second choice right back, looks a top prospect. Think Galloway, Garbutt, Long and Browning could do with a loan spell at a decent Championship side this season, although Browning might have a part to play here like someone said he's had a similar amount of playing time so far that Stones had last season.

It's always good to be enthusiastic about our Lundstrams and Brownings and Longs and Ledsons. Until we remember the recent list of those who at some point were 'nailed on' to break through to the first team:
Jose Baxter - Sheffield Utd (and amazingly still only 22)
James Wallace - Sheffield Utd (23)
John Paul Kissock - Whitehawk in the Conference South (24)
Jake Bidwell - Brentford (21)
James Vaughan - Huddersfield (26 and, to be fair, he had dreadful luck with injuries)

let alone a bunch of defenders I thought might make it (Mark Hughes, Paddy Boyle, John Irving) who ended up in weird and wonderful pastures on the other side of the world or Airdrie. And let's not get started on our academy keepers.

Remember Conor Grant from a couple of pre-seasons ago? He was going to break right in...

Status
Not open for further replies.