Tyler Onyango

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt thar Benitez will start him given his preference for experience. Let’s not forget Onyango has not got any PL minutes under his belt, only FA cup minutes. I would like to see him get 20 mins off the bench first , youngsters often talk about the step up in pace and energy needed at PL level taking them by surprise . While I don’t believe he’d be out of place alongside Doucoure for 20 mins, he’s not a natural “ game changer” so you wouldn’t send him on to win a game, more to hold what you’ve already got.
he got a minute vs man city when we were 3 nil down mate lol

If he has the talent, I wouldn’t be decimating his confidence by throwing him into the middle in a game in which he’ll be overrun and we’ll be thrashed.
That can be managed by setting him small and manageable targets. For example tell him if he looks throughout the match as if he hasn't had a large dose of general anaesthetic, he will earn a start in the next game. Then in the next game set him a target of tackling 1 opposition player in 90 minutes, then in the next to pass to one of his own team mates etc...

That can be managed by setting him small and manageable targets. For example tell him if he looks throughout the match as if he hasn't had a large dose of general anaesthetic, he will earn a start in the next game. Then in the next game set him a target of tackling 1 opposition player in 90 minutes, then in the next to pass to one of his own team mates etc...
Do you think it’s in Benitez to manage a young player like that?

Not in the managers detailed analysis of the squad he prepared before being appointed, so technically Tyler does not exist.

Bloody hell Billy, that would make him MOTM in game three if he met those goals.

He'd have to fit into the managers tactics though, so it would be:

1. Sit back and hold your shape regardless of what is happening.
2. Do not press or attempt to win the ball at any cost.
3. If the ball breaks free near you try not to break shape but if you can get it kick it as hard as you can up the pitch.

Allan is available isn't he? so it'll be him and Doucoure I'd imagine.

It's the back 4 where we're short without Mina, Digne, and now Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.