Tyias Browning

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't be. I'm generally confident of us holding on to players but that deal is as good as done and it's only a question of where to. I really think Galloway could step up, he's conducted himself very well in Baines' absence.
Galloway at LCB I'd agree, but not on the right - both Mori and Brendan seem quite left footed and some players, although not all, find it hard to switch between the positions and still be as effective.

I think I've just got a nagging worry that Stones might not be here next year, Jags will be 34 and our other right sided CBs are youngsters Browning/Pennington/Holgate to partner either Mori/Galloway who have minimal league experience themselves.

Yep I agree LL. I think Stones will be off in the summer so no surprise with that one for me. Jags is getting older for sure. That's when Mori holds a spot and we we either promote within or give another kid a chance like a Browning or Holgate.

For what it's worth, my own personal opinion I would sell Stones in a heartbeat if a team came in with 40m+. He's quality, I love him. I've said before he's a Rolls Royce. And like a Rolls Royce he's quality on the ground. But has a glaring fault with anything played over him or across him in the air.

He will learn that in time, just don't think that will be with us imo LL

Yep I agree LL. I think Stones will be off in the summer so no surprise with that one for me. Jags is getting older for sure. That's when Mori holds a spot and we we either promote within or give another kid a chance like a Browning or Holgate.

For what it's worth, my own personal opinion I would sell Stones in a heartbeat if a team came in with 40m+. He's quality, I love him. I've said before he's a Rolls Royce. And like a Rolls Royce he's quality on the ground. But has a glaring fault with anything played over him or across him in the air.

He will learn that in time, just don't think that will be with us imo LL
If he was happy to stay I wouldn't sell Stones for any price but unfortunately don't think that is the case :(

Anyhow I suppose we should move this to the transfer thread rather than poor Ty's!

It would be good if Kenny, an actual RB, could become Coleman's back up. He played well for us up in Scotland during pre-season. Would save money and hassle too.

he's definitely the long term solution imo. a couple of years away yet, but we've brough the brazilian in as a fill-in for that time i think.

do we really have browning, hibbert, pennington and mattioni all injured as RB cover? i thought have 3 quality left backs all injured at the start of the season was a joke,

oviedo can play RB, i'm almost certain of it. He can play right wing, i can't see why he won't have the attributes to play RB should it come to that.

Gutted for him....i suppose with the Baines injury weve seen Galloway get alot of valuable games and experience and now theres an opportunity for Holgate/Kenny.

Gutted for him....i suppose with the Baines injury weve seen Galloway get alot of valuable games and experience and now theres an opportunity for Holgate/Kenny.

.....yep, out for the season is a blow for the lad after working so hard pre-season to get into the first team squad. Injuries happen and he timing is never good but he's clearly dedicated enough to make his mark.

So if Coleman is out, it'll be either 3 at the back with Lennon as wing back, or Stones right back when Jags gets back?

I think Holgate simply as hes been on the bench a couple of times...or could be Stones on the right.

So if Coleman is out, it'll be either 3 at the back with Lennon as wing back, or Stones right back when Jags gets back?

Status
Not open for further replies.