Tyias Browning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah I saw that, not sure what to believe when Martinez speaks though, especially after he promised a number 10 in the summer and we failed to sign one. Wouldn't be surprised if he was playing his cards close to his chest although I also wouldn't be surprised if we just actually didn't sign anyone.
In this case hope he is playing his cards close to his chest, we're very thin for cover on the right side for both CB and RB with over half the season to go and the cups.

In this case hope he is playing his cards close to his chest, we're very thin for cover on the right side for both CB and RB with over half the season to go and the cups.

I don't think he will have any qualms bringing on Kenny or Holgate.

Too soon for Holgate imo but I think Kenny would be ready to step up and do a job if required. Once Oviedo is fit I think he will be 2nd in line to Baines which then leaves Galloway on stand by as a centre back.

Not ideal having a young group with little experience but it is what it is and I woukd rather throw a kid in whose been in and around the squad than waste dollar on a short term solution at this moment in time, unless a top drawer cb comes available.

It would be good if Kenny, an actual RB, could become Coleman's back up. He played well for us up in Scotland during pre-season. Would save money and hassle too.

I don't think he will have any qualms bringing on Kenny or Holgate.

Too soon for Holgate imo but I think Kenny would be ready to step up and do a job if required. Once Oviedo is fit I think he will be 2nd in line to Baines which then leaves Galloway on stand by as a centre back.

Not ideal having a young group with little experience but it is what it is and I woukd rather throw a kid in whose been in and around the squad than waste dollar on a short term solution at this moment in time, unless a top drawer cb comes available.
I'm kinda torn, I really rate Kenny and would love for him to get some game time but would prefer it to be how Browning got a bit last season rather than the amount Stones had to play in 13/14 when Jags was injured.

It is CB I am more worried about really - Stones seems to be carrying an injury, Jags is getting close to being fit but still not there, Mori has already played a lot for a player new to the league and Galloway is left footed and inexperienced.

I'm kinda torn, I really rate Kenny and would love for him to get some game time but would prefer it to be how Browning got a bit last season rather than the amount Stones had to play in 13/14 when Jags was injured.

It is CB I am more worried about really - Stones seems to be carrying an injury, Jags is getting close to being fit but still not there, Mori has already played a lot for a player new to the league and Galloway is left footed and inexperienced.

Totally understand what your saying LL, I think best case scenario would be a loan and then it's a case of how long it takes for them to bed in. By the time they have, everyone is up and running and fit again.

I think we either go in and get a top cb or stick with the options knowing that Cleverly can play right back, Martinez would deffo play Barry cb, Besic has played there 456 years and 234 days ago in that position as well.

Totally understand what your saying LL, I think best case scenario would be a loan and then it's a case of how long it takes for them to bed in. By the time they have, everyone is up and running and fit again.

I think we either go in and get a top cb or stick with the options knowing that Cleverly can play right back, Martinez would deffo play Barry cb, Besic has played there 456 years and 234 days ago in that position as well.
I think I've just got a nagging worry that Stones might not be here next year, Jags will be 34 and our other right sided CBs are youngsters Browning/Pennington/Holgate to partner either Mori/Galloway who have minimal league experience themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.