Tyias Browning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibbert keeps on picking up knocks, think Ty has a good chance of minutes covering for Coleman who had his own injury issues last season. Not perfect as he's better as a CB but as shown in the Anfield derby he can put in a cross and has excellent pace.

When/if we get this experienced left sided CB, I'd send Galloway out for game time.

Both Alcaraz and Distin got a reasonable amount of game time last season and that was despite Jags playing almost every match.

In all comps last season distin made 18 apps and alcaraz made 14. That's with extra europa games and Stones being out for 3 months and distin getting played ahead of stones at the start of the season (mental I know).

Plus, it's not like they played together very often. Distin played the 1st half of the season until he lost form/fell out with martinez, and alcaraz played the 2nd half of the season (just long enough for us to get knocked out of the europa) until he predictably got injured/stones recovered.

However, if jags/stones get injured (as happened last season) the mythical new 27 year old cb would cover this hypothetical injury. And browning/galloway wouldn't get game time.

As for Rb, yes Coleman could get an injury and browning could come in (agree he looked pretty good against rs). However, that's banking the injury doesn't happen when hibbert is back fit (see him playing lb instead of garbutt last season as reference) and the new 27 year old doesn't also double up as a Rb cover.

If your thinking this way playing browning and galloway is not really in your plans. Shame I think as I think they'll come good.

In all comps last season distin made 18 apps and alcaraz made 14. That's with extra europa games and Stones being out for 3 months and distin getting played ahead of stones at the start of the season (mental I know).

Plus, it's not like they played together very often. Distin played the 1st half of the season until he lost form/fell out with martinez, and alcaraz played the 2nd half of the season (just long enough for us to get knocked out of the europa) until he predictably got injured/stones recovered.

However, if jags/stones get injured (as happened last season) the mythical new 27 year old cb would cover this hypothetical injury. And browning/galloway wouldn't get game time.

As for Rb, yes Coleman could get an injury and browning could come in (agree he looked pretty good against rs). However, that's banking the injury doesn't happen when hibbert is back fit (see him playing lb instead of garbutt last season as reference) and the new 27 year old doesn't also double up as a Rb cover.

If your thinking this way playing browning and galloway is not really in your plans. Shame I think as I think they'll come good.
So do I but think they have a better chance of reaching their potential if they are each played next to an experienced player to help them with their development, especially on their positioning. Stones is great but that can be a weakness of his as well, this season he needs to concentrate on his own improvement rather than divert his focus by mentoring Browning/Galloway through games as well.

Jags is another year older and had remarkable fitness levels last year, we'd be unwise to count on the same this year. Hibbo had a lot of strapping on his leg today, don't think he's coming back anytime soon.

So, assuming this CB comes in as 3rd choice - Galloway out on loan, Browning as 4th choice CB and 2nd choice RB. If we make sure we rest both Coleman and Jags a little more than we did last season, believe that would give most of them decent game time even if we don't get an injury glut which lets face it with our luck we can't rule out. We can always revisit the issue in January if Ty needs a loan.

So do I but think they have a better chance of reaching their potential if they are each played next to an experienced player to help them with their development, especially on their positioning. Stones is great but that can be a weakness of his as well, this season he needs to concentrate on his own improvement rather than divert his focus by mentoring Browning/Galloway through games as well.

Jags is another year older and had remarkable fitness levels last year, we'd be unwise to count on the same this year. Hibbo had a lot of strapping on his leg today, don't think he's coming back anytime soon.

So, assuming this CB comes in as 3rd choice - Galloway out on loan, Browning as 4th choice CB and 2nd choice RB. If we make sure we rest both Coleman and Jags a little more than we did last season, believe that would give most of them decent game time even if we don't get an injury glut which lets face it with our luck we can't rule out. We can always revisit the issue in January if Ty needs a loan.

Fair points mate, fair points.

I supposed its sods' law isn't it. Don't get a new cb and the 1st game after the transfer window shuts stones and jags will both get season ending injuries (with our luck), whereas if we do spend 10mil on a new cb stones and jags will be fit for the entire season and we'll just get the new cb periodically moaning in the press about lack of opportunities that were promised.

I like the idea of galloway going out on loan for a full season in the championship. I just don't get why this hasn't already been arranged if it is the plan. Hope your right on this point though.

If neither galloway nor browning are going to be loaned out I just want them to be back up to the 1st team, rather than back up to the back up.

We have no europa league this season so there will never be a big reason to rest anyone (I want us to take the league cup very seriously!) unless we get a non-league side at home in the fa cup. This means less chance for the back up.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the next few weeks bring. Literally nothing would surprise me with RM. Unless we actually sign a decent striker/no.10!

Last edited:
From this pre-season Ty Browning is the one who has impressed me most. Hope he gets some proper game time this season.

And if I remember correctly wasn't it Ty Browning that Alan Stubbs (when he was academy coach) singled out as the stand out defender in the academy, and didn't he say something to the effect of Ty is the best defender i've seen in a one one one situation.

Hope he gets his breakthrough soon.

Fair points mate, fair points.

I supposed its sods' law isn't it. Don't get a new cb and the 1st game after the transfer window shuts stones and jags will both get season ending injuries (with our luck), whereas if we do spend 10mil on a new cb stones and jags will be fit for the entire season and we'll just get the new cb periodically moaning in the press about lack of opportunists that were promised.

I like the idea of galloway going out on loan for a full season in the championship. I just don't get why this hasn't already been arranged if it is the plan. Hope your right on this point though.

If neither galloway nor browning are going to be loaned out I just want them to be back up to the 1st team, rather than back up to the back up.

We have no europa league this season so there will never be a big reason to rest anyone (I want us to take the league cup very seriously!) unless we get a non-league side at home in the fa cup. This means less chance for the back up.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the next few weeks bring. Literally nothing would surprise me with RM. Unless we actually sign a decent striker/no.10!

lol , the joys of being an Evertonian!

It would definitely make sense for him to stay and Galloway to go out on loan, and us sign a left sided CB.

When was the last time a centre half came through the academy into the first team btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.