Tyias Browning

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. after both Stubbs and Martinez singing his praises, it looks like he'll make it for us in time.

I'll be honest, I remember watching him play once maybe a year ago, and he really didn't look promising to say the least! But assuming he is the real deal, could we see a Browning and John Stones pairing for years to come?

I was going to say that myself, he used to be absolutely tosh when played at right back. He's quality now, though.

Browning is right footed, Very very athletic but not very technical.. if he could become more technical since he's young he'd be useful.

Technically, he wont improve that much now. Evertons own 'The Everton Way' academy programme even said once players pass their mid teens there isn't much progress to be seen technically.

Was never a fan of his and im still not convinced even with Stubbs singing his praises, but I'd happily be proved wrong. Be delighted to see a quick centrehalf like Tyias move to the first team.

I read something a couple of years ago that he was one to keep an eye out for. But then again, I read similar about Lee Molyneux. But for RM to say something like that, there has to be something there

Interesting isn't it how many of our kids are now being spoken of as real first team prospects. It's hard to believe their abilities have changed massively in the past six months, but maybe the perception of them has.

With our relative lack of clout in the transfer market, the youth system is the only real way we'll close the gap with those above us, and I think this is a real opportunity. We all see how awful most of the 'big' sides are with regards to their young players, who often go there and rot in the reserves or go on countless loans before being sold off. Few ever graduate to the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.