Traore or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bendtner is on a free. Crouch or Bendtner or that crap Greek striker? It's gettimg worse and worse.

Monaco already sold Rodriguez and Riviere without signing replacements.

Obv Traore's a totally different type of forward, but they're still down on numbers so may well keep hold of him.

I reckon we should stick in a bid for Hernandez - Or Giovinco if he goes to Juve...

Is it that inconceivable that we may not have the finances for players such as Remy and Hernandez?

With regards to Traore, could Martinez be merely monitoring his fitness? After last years saga, I'm inclined to believe that Roberto may be slightly more cautious with regards to who he brings in. We cannot have another situation whereby we bring a player in, who was at the time unfit, to then play one game before being injured again. If we are to challenge, we need a individual who will actually be available - arguably that's as important as their talent.

Also, to slate Traore with many of the profanities people have used is childish. He played one game while still unfit - that's simply not enough exposure to judge a players ability. It's frustrating he wasn't fit, yet it's like comparing apples and pears.

That's what I'm expecting. I'd have thought that Traore would have happened by now if it was going to happen though. Maybe they're waiting to see whether Falcao goes or not? Could Naismith, Kone and Long be enough back up?

I am actually concerned as Traore is injury prone, Atsu is untested and Henen will be in the U21s.
That leaves Naismith, Kone and Long which is frightening for back up.

Is it that inconceivable that we may not have the finances for players such as Remy and Hernandez?

With regards to Traore, could Martinez be merely monitoring his fitness? After last years saga, I'm inclined to believe that Roberto may be slightly more cautious with regards to who he brings in. We cannot have another situation whereby we bring a player in, who was at the time unfit, to then play one game before being injured again. If we are to challenge, we need a individual who will actually be available - arguably that's as important as their talent.

Also, to slate Traore with many of the profanities people have used is childish. He played one game while still unfit - that's simply not enough exposure to judge a players ability. It's frustrating he wasn't fit, yet it's like comparing apples and pears.

I certainly don't think its inconceivable we havnt got the cash to sign these players (although wouldn't want Hernandez). However you would think a loan for Remy would be more than conceivable.

I am actually concerned as Traore is injury prone, Atsu is untested and Henen will be in the U21s.
That leaves Naismith, Kone and Long which is frightening for back up.
Naismith is more than good enough as a reserve striker, he's better than a lot of second tier strikers out there anyway. Scores goals, good first touch, plenty of aggression and heart, just not a sexy name to put out there.

However you would think a loan for Remy would be more than conceivable.
A loan would be a perfect option.

However from all accounts QPR have appeared more inclined to sell or retain his services, and as we're not a Champions League club the £8m release fee does not apply to ourselves.

I'd be a keen advocate of us taking his services, yet the whole 'Remy is the option' seems to be more of a movement of fans desire rather than any substance in fact. Basically, I unfortunately doubt it will ever happen....

I still think it will be Traore. The reason he hasn't come back yet is because Monaco want us to pay another loan fee and we don't want too. We already paid them a fee in January and he barely played but Monaco aren't arsed.

I honestly think we'll just swallow the pill and give them the bloody fee on TDD.

Naismith is more than good enough as a reserve striker, he's better than a lot of second tier strikers out there anyway. Scores goals, good first touch, plenty of aggression and heart, just not a sexy name to put out there.
Naismith is far too often underestimated. Fair enough he isn't a world class striker, yet he clearly showed last season he can contribute to our games with goals, quality performances and a fantastic work ethic - in some extremely important games I may add.

Would I rely on Naismith up front on a regular basis? No I probably wouldn't. However, I do think he can be trusted to contribute quite a lot through the season either as either a starting player or an impact sub.

Too many people still have the image of the 'Moyes Naismith' engrained on their brain.

Traore is decent and - potentially - still available to loan (unless something happens with Falcao) we wouldn't be able to afford him permo though, Monaco shelled out like £23m or something for him last year. My only issue with him is that he's very similar to Lukaku and he is also JUST a striker.

Rémy on the other hand we could get permo for a good price, he's proven & can also play on the wing which covers 2 positions. If we signed him I'd be absolutely over the moon.

Traore is decent and - potentially - still available to loan (unless something happens with Falcao) we wouldn't be able to afford him permo though, Monaco shelled out like £23m or something for him last year. My only issue with him is that he's very similar to Lukaku and he is also JUST a striker.

Rémy on the other hand we could get permo for a good price, he's proven & can also play on the wing which covers 2 positions. If we signed him I'd be absolutely over the moon.
Pretty sure he was like £10 million...

Status
Not open for further replies.