Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erik Lamela is a bag of chips lads, massively underwhelming, might just be the fact i'm still fuming over Yarmolenko but yeah BAG OF CHIPS

I think Deulofeu is a superb signing mate. He, at this best, I think has the potential to be one of the best players in the league. I may be biased there or even naive, but I think that for 4million quid - in comparison to Brady to Norwich for 7million - is an absolute steal.

Cleverley i'd agree with you, hardly a signing to get the juices flowing.

In terms of signings, we need a playmaker. Failure to get him in should result in criticism at Martinez. If he didnt have the money to get someone in, then surely he wouldn't have stated all summer that he would get one?

Without a playmaker then I think - judging on us looking a little tightwer (2 clean sheets already) - i'd expect us somewhere between 8-10th so again i'd agree with you.

I've said this before mate on the other thread, transparency or lack of is a major concern however I don't think that immediately points to financial incompetence.

I believe in Deulefeu like you. I think he's improved from what i saw at Barnsley. Last time he could only run at people. He seems to have matured in the sense of decision-making - when to pass, when to run etc? He's a snip at £4m if he keeps improving like that but i want to seem him do it in the premier league as opposed to the league cup.

Cleverley for me was man of the match when we played away against Villa last year so apart from now being injured.

I reckon, however, we are only a couple of injuries (i.e. lukaku and jagielka / stones) short of disaster having failed to significantly strengthen in this transfer window.

Yeah lack of transparency does not equate to financial incompetence but i think separately the Board are guilty more of commercial incompetence than financial incompetence?

No way will it be only Lennon. The board know full well they'd have a complete meltdown on their hands if that did happen.

If they just got Lennon that's still about an 18 mill net spend with no outgoings. They'd spin that as top half of the prem ranking and ask what everyone was bothered about.

Let's be friends again eh? I don't like this hatred that has torn us apart
dTkdWwP.jpg

No way will it be only Lennon. The board know full well they'd have a complete meltdown on their hands if that did happen.

I know what your saying but i doubt the board would really understand the meltdown. Would they really be that bothered. Theyve done this before and will do it again.

For me it all depends on what bobby says to them. If bobby says he is happy enough not to get anymore in, then am sure they will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.