Transfer Window rating

Out of 10, what's your rating of our Window?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ins
- Defensive options vastly improved
- Centre Midfield definitely stronger
- Attacking options still poor (McNeil is crap, Maupay is a mid table plodder, Rondon is a waste of skin, DCL is a crock)

Outs
- Managed to shift some real dog turd off the books

8/10. Not getting another striker was an oversight considering DCL is injured but we've cleared some deadwood, got some youngsters out on loan and brought in quality in defence and midfield.

I’m saying it more as we can’t use the excuse that those players I mentioned need time to adjust to the prem etc
aye, i get your point.

i'm just massively underwhelmed with the calibre of players we've brought in.

Even with Gana i'm sceptical despite being a fan of his first-time round: players returning to clubs traditionally have a significantly poorer time second-time round.

If Frank & co manage mid-table stability with this lot then it will be a notable achievement, that's for sure.

aye, i get your point.

i'm just massively underwhelmed with the calibre of players we've brought in.

Even with Gana i'm sceptical despite being a fan of his first-time round: players returning to clubs traditionally have a significantly poorer time second-time round.

If Frank & co manage mid-table stability with this lot then it will be a notable achievement, that's for sure.

Sorry mate, I thought for some reason you were saying it’s been a really good window, apologies if that’s not what you meant.

I do fear none of our signings will make any difference to us all emotionally when we are still getting hammered, almost scientifically inexplicably by most of our opposition.

We may or may not have strengthened, but in a young man’s game, haven’t all the other teams too.

Footy is a massive gamble. Who knows what results we will get.

Having a strong midfield will automatically improve the defense and offense, on paper we have a very solid midfield now, if they perform, we should be top half.

I have a feeling that we will surprise many people this season and end up in a much higher position than expected

Sorry mate, I thought for some reason you were saying it’s been a really good window, apologies if that’s not what you meant.
haha no, i rate it a 3/10.

But who knows...we've had what we thought were fantastic windows (Koeman/Walsh-axis) which ended up regressing our club. Maybe this window will swing the other way, expectations-wise. Frank and his team have a lot to prove, mind.

I've mentioned before that almost all top-division players are capable of pushing their team to greatness, under the right coaching (Leicester under Ranieri being the prime example) and a bit of stars-aligned good fortune.

Problem is, our first few games this season haven't shown much promise of better things to come. I'm just not getting the feeling that the Window's squad-changes will improve things much.

My pessimism feels realistic, sadly.

Having a significantly stronger defence and midfield should allow us to control possession a lot more, gain territory and impose a game plan.

So while our attacking options aren’t up to spec, we should be making more chances than last season. That in itself is a big positive, even if it is sometimes frustrating that we’re not converting as many chances as we otherwise could.

Fundamentally, this is a different team which looks a tougher unit than last season’s mess, and hopefully will have a lot more fight and team spirit - something we’ve missed for several years and has been my biggest frustration.

With the financial position the club are in we could never go out and buy whoever we wanted. I think Lampard has been very shrewd with the business he's done.
He's not only trying to improve the quality but he's trying to improve the culture within the club. He's hopefully given us a back line that'll make us much harder to score against and a midfield that'll battle for every ball.
If the new players start to gel together and show 100% then we're going to create chances.
The attacking options is definitely the weakest part of the team but as long as DCL and Maupay stay fit for the majority of the season we'll be OK.
Even the most optimistic of fans will probably only see us finishing mid-table but after last season that's an improvement and a good place to continue building from.

I'd give this window an 8 out of 10 because my expectations were low and they were probably met. None of the new signings were exciting at all but what I like is that we can see a strategy from Lampard. Now it's down to his man management to get them playing as a unit and showing some fight.

My worry is that it could take a couple of months to really settle in and we have some tough fixtures in that time. If we can stay out of the bottom 5 before the WC break I'll be very happy. Expectations remain low but optimism is a little higher.

We're going to get smashed today though. Really not looking forward to today.

haha no, i rate it a 3/10.

But who knows...we've had what we thought were fantastic windows (Koeman/Walsh-axis) which ended up regressing our club. Maybe this window will swing the other way, expectations-wise. Frank and his team have a lot to prove, mind.

I've mentioned before that almost all top-division players are capable of pushing their team to greatness, under the right coaching (Leicester under Ranieri being the prime example) and a bit of stars-aligned good fortune.

Problem is, our first few games this season haven't shown much promise of better things to come. I'm just not getting the feeling that the Window's squad-changes will improve things much.

My pessimism feels realistic, sadly.
Let me ask you. What where they meant to do and who should they have signed?

7.5/10 for me. I really wanted to give an 8, but we’re one player light in the attacking areas, in my opinion. We were always going to struggle to replace Richarlison, but we’re much stronger in defence and midfield now.

It went a lot better than I anticipated it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.