Transfer Window rating

Out of 10, what's your rating of our Window?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No we had a team that 2 seasons before almost completed a treble and won a European competition; top top players who knew how to win

Last year we survived by the skin of our teeth because we couldn’t score

See the difference

Yet we scored more goals than Brighton last season. Difference being, they only conceded 44.

66 goals we conceded last year

Just a question: If we finish with a GD, of say, zero, or even minus one, do you think we'll be in a relegation scrap?

Also, you missed my point entirely. Nobody is expecting us to win the league or anything daft, but that doesn't mean that as a team, we can't improve, and individual numbers mean little in that respect, as proven by the Lineker example. That team improved after 'losing' their top scorer.

Why is everybody comparing numbers? Did we replace Lineker's 40 goals?

It's not baseball Chris, you know this. A better unit, will provide better results.

If we're talking numbers, then we should really be discussing why our 60m rated Brazilian international forward was scrapping his heart out to get 10 goals?

Also, I'm sure Dominic Calvert-Lewin will miss some games this season, but surely we can be optimistic enough to not expect him to get another bad one?
Because we had a crippling lack of creativity, which we haven't addressed?

I'm feeling a 7/10 kinda vibe.

Massive upgrades to central defence and central midfield are very, very welcome.

McNeil and Maupay I'm not so sure about, but maybe they will surprise me.

If we'd got Wanyama (CM) and Benrahma (LW) in too I'd be giving at a solid 16 out of 10.

Yet we scored more goals than Brighton last season. Difference being, they only conceded 44.

66 goals we conceded last year

Just a question: If we finish with a GD, of say, zero, or even minus one, do you think we'll be in a relegation scrap?

Also, you missed my point entirely. Nobody is expecting us to win the league or anything daft, but that doesn't mean that as a team, we can't improve, and individual numbers mean little in that respect, as proven by the Lineker example. That team improved after 'losing' their top scorer.
You win games by scoring, my point stands. It’s irrelevant what Brighton did. We have, in that starting 11, not one person who scored over 10 goals in a single season.

And as always, there’s a lot of if’s, buts and maybes; but the bottom line is we needed more goals in the team. Everyone knew it last year

And FYI; the 86/87 team had exactly the same amount of points as the 85/86 team with Lineker. We just scored 11 less goals the year we won the league. So technically we actually got worse, it’s just that the RS were a lot worse

And if he doesn’t?? Which is kind of the point.
You can say that about most teams really, Haaland at City, Sarah at Liverpool, Kane at Spurs, Jesus at Arsenal. Even a lot of the CL clubs are dependent on one big goalscorer who can get injured at any time.

DCL has generally had a good injury record apart from last season.

Still amazes me that some people were sat there thinking we were gonna pull some rabbit out of the hat at 10pm last night and announce a striker, like we’d even been trying.

You can say that about most teams really, Haaland at City, Sarah at Liverpool, Kane at Spurs, Jesus at Arsenal. Even a lot of the CL clubs are dependent on one big goalscorer who can get injured at any time.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin has generally had a good injury record apart from last season.

Except none of those teams are entirely dependent on those players. What an awful example.

Debated between 6 and 7, went for 7. I never imagined that one window was going to fix us. I think our defence has improved as has our midfield. Forward line has probably been weakened with the loss of Richy but hopefully DCL can make a come back and we can set up to play to his strengths.
Was impressed with the fight in the team against Leeds, the fact that we now have people on the pitch who actually care if we win or not may actually be the determining feature of this window.

I dont get this lack of goals ppl are going on about.. Richy got 10 Maupay will get 10.. Gordon will get more then 4, most likely 8-10. Gray will get 7-10, the defence will get 3-4 and midfield should get 4-8. Plus Dominic Calvert-Lewin should get 10
42- 52 goals. We should less then 66
So everyone in our side, barring DCL, will get their highest goal tally in years and in some cases the highest tally of their careers?

Dominic Calvert-Lewin has generally had a good injury record apart from last season.
No mate, that’s an awful example

Status
Not open for further replies.