transfer priorities

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadpole

Player Valuation: £15m
We seem to be linked with a bewildering number of players at the moment, but assuming that we've got the usual limited budget, and that we're not planning to sell off any of our key players, what are our top priorities ?

In the last few months our defence has been outstanding, but we've suffered from a lack of creativity in midfield which has led to our strikers struggling to maintain their form. A factor is this has been the injuries to Cahill, and the health problems which have affected Arteta's form and fitness. I say this not to make excuses for recent results, but to suggest that we're not that far from where we need to be. I reckon we'll let Fernandes go, but that Carsley will sign up for another year. We should be looking for one or two pacey attacking midfielders with some ability on a dead ball and an eye for goal, and for a longterm replacement for Carsley who will also reduce the need to play Pip in midfield. It looks as if we'll be making a bid for Bradley, and that Moyes has got his eye on a few other class midfielders, so we could have a very tasty looking lineup next season.

My feeling is we won't buy any strikers unless there's ongoing concerns about Vaughan's fitness, and even then we're more likely to go for someone on loan.

No word yet as to whether we'll be releasing Gardner. Dickie Dunne would be a great acquisition if he's available, but if we got him then one of our 3 other centre backs - perhaps Yobo - would soon become surplus to requirements.

Though I can't see us losing Neville or Hibbert, it would be great to sign an attacking right back who could give our game an extra dimension. Glen Johnson would certainly fit the bill.

Finally are we happy with the goalkeeping cover that we have now ?

Depends who of the young lads make the grade. Rodwell is a centreback isn't he? Gosling is a right back/midfielder. Will either Turner or Ruddy make the grade in goal?

Depends who of the young lads make the grade. Rodwell is a centreback isn't he? Gosling is a right back/midfielder. Will either Turner or Ruddy make the grade in goal?

will either keeper get a chance in goal, barring injury to tim they'll be sat on the bench, wessels has got sick of that,he's showing some ambition i suppose.

Two more attacking midfielders and a right back.

Richard Dunne would NOT be an improvement over Jags, Yobo, or Lescott and certainly not at the wages he'd command.

Interesting that Dunne is being reported as one of the low-earners at City, despite being their best player for 4 years in a row.

will either keeper get a chance in goal, barring injury to tim they'll be sat on the bench, wessels has got sick of that,he's showing some ambition i suppose.

It's funny you should say that actually, Ruddy is on loan at Stockport County and they're all raving about him. The funny part being that they've had Wayne Hennessey on loan as well and they think that Ruddy is a better all round keeper then Hennessey.

So Stockport fans reckon by us getting Hennessey and playing him over Ruddy then we'd be playing a decent keeper over a good one.

I know most people want creative attacking midfeilders, but i want a good link up defensive midfeilder ala Makele, Mikell or Diawara play should always start form back to front, lets face it Cahill is fit Moyes wil play him. Alternatively Pienaar and Arteta i feel can play the Cahill role, i really feel Pienaar may do it better then either Arteta or Cahill.

I would like two out an out wingers too to add varience and options to the squad. If you look at Pienaar and Arteta they have a tendency two come or pas inside, i would like two wingers who can stretch defences and allow Yak or Johnson to run into space. Also to offer Varience in our play and optyions form the right or left hand side.

Another priority for me would be another centre back, i think every squad needs four and with the luxary of having three good ones i would like to see a young lad coming in and being groomed for the future either, Stearman or Beevers.

A couple of loan signings, perhaps gems who have lost their way are always on the agenda for us but hopefully with an option to buy if they come good. Should add definite quantiy and hopefully but not gaurenteed quality.

Right back: Someone who's decent on the ball and has height which would enable Baines to play left back.

A ball winner: Someone again with height who can actually run. Anyone with the slightest bit of mobility would be useful to us.

A play maker: I keep going on about linking defense to midfield and in my opinion its a priority that we get a player capable of doing this. Fernandes is my proffered choice but even someone like Huddlestone would be nice. Every top team has this type of player if if we want to move up a level it something we should be looking at.

A pacy winger: Someone to give us another option really. If Pienaar and Arteta aren't working bring someone on who has the pace to stretch teams and give us an outlet. I think the Arsenal game on Sunday showed that we are a little one dimensional. We have alot of quality players like Osman, Fernandes, Arteta and Pienaar etc but they all play in front of teams instead of looking to get in behind them.

A second Striker: Again another option really. Someone who can drop deep and link with the midfield would be nice. Arshavin would be a good option or someone similar with the intelligence and technique to link aswell as the pace and mobility to get away from opposition players.

How about Gattuso, he wants a move to Premier League or Scotland right?

i love that guy he's a fackin crayzee, was he at rangers with artetta ? probably before him right ? he'd love to kick rs arse, ushited arse, chelski arse, arse arse on a week to week basis, and he'd love us for certain.

i love that guy he's a fackin crayzee, was he at rangers with artetta ? probably before him right ? he'd love to kick rs arse, ushited arse, chelski arse, arse arse on a week to week basis, and he'd love us for certain.

Yes he was there with Arteta, I doubt we could afford his wages though, would be an amazing signing and better then Carsley that's for sure.

I think we'll sign 3 players this summer and let go more then 3.

It's a disgrace really how Moyes has to work on breadcrumbs to try and break the top 4.

It's not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.