Transfer from the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheedy.

Really need to not have Baines getting caught out in defence by hammering up the wing all day... Wouldn't be a soft as Arteta and let Yak take pens either!

Still have a soft spot for pre-Madrid Gravesen as well.

Agreed, he had his faults but he always wanted the ball and he always wanted to make things happen. You can't say that about alot of players in the current team.

For me, it's a toss up between Nick Barmby and Wayne Rooney.

lollollol
If I had to take one of them back I would have to go for Barmby. When Rooney left us I hoped he would come back to us towards the end of his career, now, he winds me up as much as Gerrard.

Peter Reid - crying out for a cent mid player and he was tops - would prob struggle with pace of game today though?

Has to be Reid (pre-Spain Graveson was in the same mould, but NOT the same league). We need someone who can bulldozer into an attacking front line, disposses, and then run half the length of the pitch before spraying inch perfect passes to our counter attack.

Probably need someone like Reid but due to personal preferences I'd go for Trevor Steven --''Go'ed Tricky lad, Roast 'im''

Status
Not open for further replies.