Match Thread Tottenham vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point our players have to realise just how serious the situation is. We need points. But when they realise that , pressure levels will rise. Our players don't seem to do pressure. Our players don't seem to be able to go against the grain. When expected to win easy , they struggle. And when expected to lose , they lose. Nothing against the grain. No real fight. They did rise their game against Man City. ( still lost). But can they do the same tonight? Most likely not. We have to be the most frustrating team in the country to follow. We are maurandering into the championship.
So not much point picking out my preferred team for tonight. Because all our players at times can have stinkers. When did we last ( as a complete unit) really turn up?
So there we are. When I go bullish about this Everton team......we usually lose. So it's all systems negative for tonight. Maybe get a reverse response. Maybe get a surprise. Clutching at everything now.
So who knows. Our bunch might have a shock result in them. I'd take the draw right now. Then a few home wins. We'd all take that. But I'm now worried that this Everton team ( no matter who plays) don't have the guile ....passion.....skill.....know how , to get these wins. Hope I'm wrong.
Come on Everton.......let's get these few wins. Up The Toffees.....

I really hope we persist with the 3 central midfielders, and compete like we have in our home games under Lampard so far. I have seen enough in the last few games, to think we can compete ŵith anybody. But only if we work our socks off and keep a tempo in our play. Close down in packs without the ball, and be lively with it. No more walking passengers! Our defence looks prone to errors most games, so we need to play on the front foot. Keep playing like we did against Southampton and we’re in for a grim time! Spurs are decent on their day imo, but they are often average. I’d take a point, but wouldn’t be that shocked if we won. But if we don’t approach the game like the season rests on it, we might get hammered! Get em fired up Frank! 1-2 ?

At some point our players have to realise just how serious the situation is. We need points. But when they realise that , pressure levels will rise. Our players don't seem to do pressure. Our players don't seem to be able to go against the grain. When expected to win easy , they struggle. And when expected to lose , they lose. Nothing against the grain. No real fight. They did rise their game against Man City. ( still lost). But can they do the same tonight? Most likely not. We have to be the most frustrating team in the country to follow. We are maurandering into the championship.
So not much point picking out my preferred team for tonight. Because all our players at times can have stinkers. When did we last ( as a complete unit) really turn up?
So there we are. When I go bullish about this Everton team......we usually lose. So it's all systems negative for tonight. Maybe get a reverse response. Maybe get a surprise. Clutching at everything now.
So who knows. Our bunch might have a shock result in them. I'd take the draw right now. Then a few home wins. We'd all take that. But I'm now worried that this Everton team ( no matter who plays) don't have the guile ....passion.....skill.....know how , to get these wins. Hope I'm wrong.
Come on Everton.......let's get these few wins. Up The Toffees.....

Maurandering
I don't know what this means, but it seems exactly the right word

I don’t think the cup game was diabolical? We won and they didn’t have a shot on goal all match. Their whole game plan was to stop us scoring and we managed to even without DCL, Gray, Richy in the first half, VDB, Dele etc.
It wasn’t pretty but we avoided a potential embarrassing banana skin far more comfortably that the Hull game for example.
Stip talking nonsense thus is GOT our deflating opinions of any performance bears no resemblance to the truth of the matter …. You really should know this

Not sure why im reading so much doom and gloom like be made up with a point or damage limitation.
I want 3 points and believe we have a great chance of getting them, Spurs are nothing special at all.

Spurs 0-2 Everton DCL Gray
Im with you, feeling oddly optimistic here. They won’t want to have to break us down, they’re 10 times better on the counter. If we largely nullify Kane and Son they’ve got nothing else. The onus is on them to attack us, think we’ll get at least a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.