Match Thread Tottenham vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know things are up and down with Spurs, but I'm genuinely shocked at their Evertonian-levels of pessimism in this thread:

If Skipp and Bentancur are still injured our team will be

Loris, Davies, Dier, Romero, Doherty, Sessegnon, Winks, Hojbjerg, Kane, Son and Kulusevski.

If Bentancur is fit he will replace Winks. If Skipp also fit he will replace Hojbjerg.

I know things are up and down with Spurs, but I'm genuinely shocked at their Evertonian-levels of pessimism in this thread:

We are useless. The only guaranteed 3 pointers for us these days are Man City home and away.

I'd go with this (awful defence, but it seems what it is) not that I expect it though.

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Keane Mykolenko
Doucouré vdBeek Allan
Gordon Richarlison Gray

Battling defeat by two goals, maybe 3-1.
Coleman will surely start.
Interesting who will make up the forward line besides Gordn and Richy.
Depends how fit Gray and DCL are. If bothcan not start i expect Iwobi

Coleman will surely start.
Interesting who will make up the forward line besides Gordn and Richy.
Depends how fit Gray and DCL are. If bothcan not start i expect Iwobi

I'd prefer if we don't play Coleman every game, but i dont know who our back up captain is any more. Even though not great 'he-who-should-not-be-mentioned' was the regular back up captain, also sometimes Mina, Holgate, Davies, Keane...none of them are either good or realistic at the moment as regular captain. Wish we could groom orentrust someone. When Richy is slightly more mature with his reactions, and has even better English he'd be great for me. Pickford maybe, DCL too if he's a confident leader.

Last edited:
I'd prefer if we don't play Coleman every game, but i dont know who our back up captain is any more. Even though not great Gylfi was the back up captain, also Mina, Holgate, Davies, Keane...none of them realistic. Wish we could groom, entrust someone. When Richy is slightly more mature with his reactions, and has even better English he'd be great for me. Pickford maybe, DCL too if he's a confident leader.
Coded message? You cannot mention he who should not be mentioned.

I had a look around a Wolves thread about our new DoF and it honestly looks like us too, slightly more optimistic but generally doom & gloom and pessimistic about him.

Not sure why im reading so much doom and gloom like be made up with a point or damage limitation.
I want 3 points and believe we have a great chance of getting them, Spurs are nothing special at all.

Spurs 0-2 Everton DCL Gray

Might have something to do with us only winning 1 game away all season.

Hopefully Frank has been able fix the away issue once and for all and our form improves from tonight.

Thing is mate we don't know what Spurs will show up. With the likes of Kane and Son there's always the chance that we will be clinical and end up comfortable winners, but there's also a fair chance that you may hassle us and get something. One bad habit we have is allowing other teams to have the ball and play, sometimes we get away with, sometimes we don't, but it can make for uncomfortable viewing either way and it means that teams we feel we should be much butter than can have way too much joy. We beat Norwich 3-0 plus a very depleted Leeds 2-1 at home and Norwich were popping the ball around and playing quite a bit, just never took any of their chances and Leeds completely controlled us in the first 45 minutes. I know we won them both in the end but we gave both teams way too much of a look in. Obviously the same more recently with Saints and Wolves and we lost both.

Saints at home was one of the worst first half's I'd seen for ages. Allowed them to have way too much of the ball and easily could have been 4 or 5-1 down at HT.

Status
Not open for further replies.