Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
VAR bad enough for us yesterday but just seen Forest game
It's not even worth listening to Gallagher do his mental gymnastics to justify the ridiculous decision given by the inept npc in stolen Park. I always refer back to the van dyck onana assault which was a straight red but good old dermot said it was a yellow, because the direction of contact was towards the foot
after his performance last week on SS I’m not listening to another word from this idiot

I thought we were far better yesterday. Physically got to grips with a very good side, created numerous chances and not just on the counter attack but by camping them in their own half for long periods.

Pickford barely had anything to do apart from 1 save and pick the ball out of his net twice.

Agree though about how we were more clinical against Brighton. Really tough to take when we've been so dominant and once again the forward line haven't produced enough quality to finish off the multiple chances provided.
Definitely. Brighton bossed most of that game, we just stuck the ball in the net 5 times to their 1 lol

Yep his leap is unreal but his timing leaves a lot to be desired. The run he makes is great as he gets in front of his man and he doesn't have to break stride or do anything too difficult. Such a poor effort and they're the fine margins between getting positive results and walking away with nothing.

I'd start Beto against City and have DCL fresh for Wolves away as that's a game where I feel we've got a great chance of getting a positive result.
We might have go 442 in one of them as Gueye and Doucoure will both be missing. I can see Gomes coming in and you could argue he deserves a starting place after his performance yesterday but I don't think he is up to playing twice in 3 days.

We might have go 442 in one of them as Gueye and Doucoure will both be missing. I can see Gomes coming in and you could argue he deserves a starting place after his performance yesterday but I don't think he is up to playing twice in 3 days.

Yeah I'd be surprised if Gomes gets a start against City with it being such a short turnaround.

Nice to have a different option there though, Garner will do a job wherever he's asked but I'd just rather he be allowed to stay in midfield with Onana.

Not sure if Dobbin was injured/ill but might be a game to try him just behind a striker, or give Danjuma a start and Mcneil or Harrison rotate or play behind the striker.

The PL and their corrupt bitches PGMOL and VAR putting us back in our place yesterday, absolutely robbed after starting slowly. Ludicrous decisions and reviews totally changing the outcome of games, non- reviews of blatant penalties that potentially change the outcome of game.

It’s more scripted than the WWF, they aren’t even trying to hide it now.

Expect more of the same for the rest of the season for us to keep us in the mess.

Gotta sell the product to the telly clappers.

The PL and their corrupt bitches PGMOL and VAR putting us back in our place yesterday, absolutely robbed after starting slowly. Ludicrous decisions and reviews totally changing the outcome of games, non- reviews of blatant penalties that potentially change the outcome of game.

Expect more of the same for the rest of the season for us to keep us in the mess.

i’m still seething mate utterly appalling tbh

let’s hope we stick of the corrupt fs who are tryna send us down

Cannot disagree with any of that!!

I can understand VAR being used for ball over the line and offsides, but going back on fouls being missed by both referees and linemen is ridicules. The way things are going we will have so many stoppages while VAR checks every possible foul that games will last for over 2 hours.

I think he needs another 4/5 performances off the bench like yesterday, before he starts games. Let’s not get carried away here

I've just watched the game, and a few questions spring to mind. How did VAR get involved in disallowing a perfect goal? How does Spurs get away with their, obviously well drilled, tactic of going down like sack of spuds as soon as they sense the presence of an opposition player? How did no-one not notice the second ball in Spurs penalty area? I've never been to a match when the presence of a second ball on the pitch didn't immediately result in the referee's whistle. If Spurs fans want to persist in singing that dirge "When the Spurs go marching in" can't they liven it up a bit? The same goes for Southampton and all the other clubs that use a variation of it, it's worse even than the dirge the rs hang on to.

My MoM is Tarkowski, with Miko a close contender. We were unlucky not to get anything out of the match, but we don't usually get anywhere near playing Spurs away. Everyone worked hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.