Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton. Sat Oct 14th 5.30

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you see why what you're writing about us supporting Liverpool is extremely stupid?
Really I think you have misunderstood me. I am saying that choosing not to support Liverpool is admirable considering it would be easier (and more basic) choice. But your choice to support a less successful, less fashionable, Everton means that you suffer more. You seem to think that is an insult, I think it is a positive.

I'm normally optimistic but last week's display was disappointing we seemed to give up all the learns from the last few weeks. Back to basics for me
hard work, solid defending, cut out the casual sloppy passes. Maybe with a bit of luck we might come away with a draw a win would be priceless but so unlikely.

We've only won two matches this season yet our goal difference is just -1, so I don't see Spurs putting a bunch past us without reply. If they win they'll win by one, and I'm increasingly thinking we might get a draw instead, which hasn't been uncommon in this fixture.

If Spurs do prevail, I hope it's by way of Richarlison so I can say they were only able to win by taking one of our best players.

I hate 5 at the back but I don't fancy Coleman going up against Son

Pickford

Coleman
Holgate
Coady
Tarkowski
Mykolenko

Gueye
Onana
Iwobi

DCL
Gray/Maupay

Can be flexible and have Iwobi on one of the wings and go 523 rather than 532.

Would put iwobi out wide for this one and gray the other side keep with the same back 4. Cpuld be the one saying this but would maybe put dacoure in the mid
3 in the attacking role, would start dcl if ready aswell

Screenshot_20221015-151650_Facebook.jpg
Anybody up there today?
Stick a photo up of the Guinness with the crest if you get a chance ?

If our midfield go back to pre Man Utd form then I don't see why we can't get something today, I'm quite happy with 1pt from the game tbh.

Very, very little hope here and a second consecutive defeat, albeit against two good teams, but especially if it's anything like the capitulation last season, would totally sour the recent good feeling about the team. Would be 10 points from 30, a point per game and relegation form if continued over the season.

Now I don't expect us to go down like I did last season, but it's just grim year on year following this team and no fun at all. The squad we have now is hardly going to improve next season: Coady, Tarkowski, Gueye will all be past their peak soon enough, and we still haven't got a reliable striker in the entire squad.

And please don't tell me we've got the super exciting development of starboy Gordon to look forward to because he's crap.

Sad really that our highlight this season is not us, but us watching Liverpool severely underperform.

12th-15th place finish and no doubt we'll watch Liverpool spawn the Europa League or something.
Potentially the most depressing post I have ever read.
My internal voice reading it was Sad Sack from the Raggy Dolls - not even sure I have thought of him for 30 years

Status
Not open for further replies.