Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can get it done.

I'm less sure that we will. 1-1 draw seems like the most probable outcome, but I like our chances a lot better than I would in front of their fans.

I'm interested in how Spurs get on tomorrow. Sheffield United play similar to how we do out of possession which could give an indication of how we will do. Also Kane appears to want to be Kane again and not that weird Ozil impersonation he was doing. That could be dangerous.

Tricky match this, never seem to beat them even when they spent all of 2019 in Relegation form

The lack of a midfield wil hurt here

Well at least the game still has some degree of meaning. For Europe we are going to have to win at least 4 of 6 matches to get 8th (assuming 8th could get EL). I reckon 13 more points will be required - a very big ask. It will take us winning all 3 home games for a start but at least they are all winnable on paper.

I think I'll wait to see how many of Spurs' delicate thoroughbreds make it through the Sheffield Utd meat grinder before I make a prediction

I actually think we'll struggle defensively against them - their front 3/4 are full of pace and quality.

I would go 3 at the back and play on the counter.

Pickford

Keane
Holgate
Mina

Coleman
Gomes
Glyfi
Gordon
Digne

DCL
Richarlison

Win this one and we will be in with a good chance of getting europa, which would be really good after where Marco left us. I think if we win our 3 home games, even a draw could be good enough, if we get 4 points from Wolves and Sheffield United. Wolves look really good at times though, so I think we need to go for this. I’m expecting a few goals, hopefully we can scrape a win. I’d start the same team, i wonder if Carlo will change it. It’s nice to have a manager who has different ideas, Spurs just went 2 down as I type this, hopefully they are demoralised when we play them and we take advantage. COYB!

Sadly after this defeat like most of the time a top 6 side loses against a "lesser" club they get a rocket up the backside and turn over the team they next play.

Not confident now like certainly with our away record at the top 6.

Sheffield doing a great example here of how staying organized and well drilled is making life difficult for Tottenham. After our good defensive performances I'm feeling slightly more confident, although now Europas starting to become a possibility I have full confidence we'll bottle it when something's on the line

Status
Not open for further replies.