Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top performance today midfield gave the defence more confidence even Pickford played well. My only worry is depth in midfield now (i know we can't buy 6 class midfielders at once) but if we pick up unfortunate injuries with any of our new lads were left with Davies/Sigurdson etc to come in, but I'm going to enjoy today for what it was a great all round team performance that should have been more than 1 nil.

Other than the one big chance that Pickford saved well, Doherty was anonymous.

Kane did little.

Son was always dangerous in the first half but Jose's changes made him disappear.

In the last 10' when they'd be pressing for their equalizer the ball just kept pinging around their defensive players 30 yards out. Son and Kane didn't touch it.

we really took it to them, they played our game, not the other way 'round

Great performance today. All of the new boys did well and it looks like we have had a decent transfer window for a change. Early days, but we need to kick on from here now while confidence is high.

Not had time to read everything. But my tuppence.

The first 15 minutes. Wow. A midfield. Movement.

James. Wow. Always has/makes space.

Defence. Apart from the first minutes where they fannied around with the goal kick. I was disappointed with my anxiousness. I felt secure. Strange.

In general, a new Everton.

I'm feeling (even before) confident (and it was confirmed). Something good is happening /going to happen.

What I look forward to the most is writing without brackets for the rest of the season.

Up the f'in proffees!!

Everton’s James Rodríguez created five opportunities for his teammates during this match with Tottenham, the most by a player on their Premier League debut since Alexis Sanchez back in August 2014 (5 v Crystal Palace).

BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.