Tottenham game could be cancelled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
24hrs is a long time in politics so they say and so by that logic its probably a similarly lengthly period in rioting. Churchill wanted to use tanks against striking workers and although that fact is irrelevant i thought it interesting enough to mention. I think people with genuine political outrage are few in the rioters and most are probably just in it for a go at the police and what they can get.

London Police Order Games to be Postponed

Breaking News on Sky

"all London games to be postponed" - Sky News ticker

Hope we can rearange in the new year when we traditionally hit form

Last edited:
Funny i would have thought the police have more to worry about tonight than wondering about the weekend and what might happen by then.

2 semi-local Carling Cup ties.. (West Ham v Aldershot, Palace - Crawley) hardly a matter that needed announcing at midnight when half the scum in Christendom are thieving and burning the country down.

I think they have to consider the fact of around 40,000 people, some of which will be drunk, entering a place that has been destroyed by scum.

And also, it must be said, some football fans tend to enjoy a little ultra violence.

I personally cant see it going ahead and the way this disease is spreading, maybe football will be the last thing on peoples mind come the weekend.

Scary times.

Forgive me for being so out of the lop here, but the news reports over here are just talking about riots and looting, something over a shooting? Not that riots and mob mentality often use logic, but will someone please try to give me an understanding of what these riots are about? Scary time indeed, especially over here where no one is trying to give it any context.

Apparently a 26 y-o man shot in Croydon (in his car) - taken to hospital. Terrible news for him of course but, with any luck, it might sort the whole thing out and stop this violence - not sure it will but if people's lives are at risk it might make people realise the severity of it all.

Forgive me for being so out of the lop here, but the news reports over here are just talking about riots and looting, something over a shooting? Not that riots and mob mentality often use logic, but will someone please try to give me an understanding of what these riots are about? Scary time indeed, especially over here where no one is trying to give it any context.

The 2011 London riots are a series of ongoing public disturbances and lootings in London which began initially in Tottenham, North London, on 6 August 2011 following the fatal shooting of a 29-year-old civilian, Mark Duggan, by officers of the Metropolitan Police Service.[10][11][12][13]

Disturbances continued into the following days and spread to other areas of the city, including Wood Green, Enfield Town, Ponders End and Brixton. Vandalism, arson, looting and violent disorder was also reported in several boroughs of London, as far south as Croydon. At least 35 police officers have been injured. On the third day of turmoil the violence was replicated in parts of Birmingham, Liverpool and Bristol.

In response to the escalating situation Prime Minister David Cameron, Home Secretary Theresa May, and London Mayor Boris Johnson all cut short their holidays to return to England.

Contents [hide]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tottenham_riots

Good old Wiki.

In London initial flare up as i understand it surrounded the fatal shooting of a man in a taxi, who was allegedly armed himself. Further riots in my opinion are nothing more than opportunistic, degenerate smegma scraped from beneath society's bellend, masquerading under the political banner of budget cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.