Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope

only way you get 5 in is if Chelsea and Arsenal both win the European cups and the other 3 spots go to 1 2 3

if City or PSG or RM win it 1,2,3,4 go in unless Arsenal win the EL then 1,2,3 Arsenal

[SIZE=7]if Chelsea win it but finish 5th or lower then 1,2,3 Chelsea[/SIZE]

If we finish 4th and Chelsea finish 5th we get Champions League. However if Arsenal also win Europa League we would then miss out as you can only have a maximum of 5 in CL.

If Chelsea finish 4th and win Champions League there won't be an extra place.

Looks like you two disagree with one another.

I always thought if we finished 4th and Chelsea 5th -- they win Champs league then thats the top 5 in.

Looks like you two disagree with one another.

I always thought if we finished 4th and Chelsea 5th -- they win Champs league then thats the top 5 in.

That is right. The double cross of 4th dropping out would only happen if Arsenal also won Europa League then it would be top 3 Chelsea and Arsenal.

That is right. The double cross of 4th dropping out would only happen if Arsenal also won Europa League then it would be top 3 Chelsea and Arsenal.

Yep thats what i though.

My guess was we win the next 2 games (Villa/West Ham) and the momentum is there for us to go on a run to finish 4th.

Chelsea keep going in the champions league and win it while finishing 5th.

Yep thats what i though.

My guess was we win the next 2 games (Villa/West Ham) and the momentum is there for us to go on a run to finish 4th.

Chelsea keep going in the champions league and win it while finishing 5th.

If we catch Leicester as well and finish 3rd we take it out the equation! Ha ha.

Ultimately its still in our own hands if we do our part we'll make it. If we don't we miss out.

Delph to mishit a shot that ends up the winner against City and send us marching into the Champions League.

The way I see it is top 7 is Europe, getting towards the business end we are 8th with a game in hand and 6 points ahead of Arsenal. 7 European places up for grabs, 1 team has to miss out. I think that will be us unfortunately, not that I dont have confidence in the team/manager but purely how many times have we been in these situations and we are always the side that misses out and incapable of taking the next step in the last 30 odd years.

I just dont believe good things and success can come to Everton because we have been down trodden for so long.........

The way I see it is top 7 is Europe, getting towards the business end we are 8th with a game in hand and 6 points ahead of Arsenal. 7 European places up for grabs, 1 team has to miss out. I think that will be us unfortunately, not that I dont have confidence in the team/manager but purely how many times have we been in these situations and we are always the side that misses out and incapable of taking the next step in the last 30 odd years.

I just dont believe good things and success can come to Everton because we have been down trodden for so long.........

I feel every word of what you are saying but surely we have to break the cycle one day. We missed out by one place 3 consecutive years unders Moyes and it feels like we are always the one left without a chair when the music stops.

However this is a new Everton and I'm prepared to believe even though I know there is a good chance my fingers will get burned.

Every word you said is true but we can beat this.

Still think we’re not good enough to run the board to make top 4. Chelsea of Liverpool will end up getting it. I think Leicester have enough if they win today.

If Liverpool lose to United next week then i cant see them getting it. They would need to win all of their last 4 games to reach 66pts and in their form i dont see that happening.

Chelsea have a nightmare fixture list remaining in the league and also the cup games.

I think West Ham on paper are the favourites.

If we beat Villa next weekend then top 4 i think will go to the winner of West Ham Everton.

I, of course, would be glad for us to finish as high as possible and qualify for CL, but I don't think that we're ready for that competition.
It would be a fluke and not representative of our current level.

Even if we get it, the scenario of us getting relegated to Europa in the playoffs before the group stage is the most realistic to me.

What I am saying is, progress has to be made gradually, so getting into Europa or that new 3rd grade comp would be better for us at this moment of time.
It would allow us to actually compete and also would give Ancelotti another year to build the proper team so that when we qualify for the CL we aren't going to embarrass ourselves.

I, of course, would be glad for us to finish as high as possible and qualify for CL, but I don't think that we're ready for that competition.
It would be a fluke and not representative of our current level.

Even if we get it, the scenario of us getting relegated to Europa in the playoffs before the group stage is most realistic to me.

What I am saying is, progress has to be made gradually, so getting into Europa or that new 3rd grade comp would be better for us and this moment of time.
It would allow us to actually compete and also would give Ancelotti another year to build the proper team so that when we qualify for the CL we aren't going to embarrass ourselves.

Depends on the group we get. Easier group we can maybe pinch top 2, nightmare group we might even finish bottom and out of Europe altogether. However even 6 games will make us plenty of money plus we are a far more attractive proposition to players. If we are to grow we need to get into the CL sooner rather than later.

If we get Europa we will be progressing but it will be slower the extra games will allow us to have a bigger stronger squad and we have a chance of winning it. However the riches are not so great.

The Conference League we quite simply have to win it if we are in it. This will give us an opportunity to blood some youngsters as well. It has its plus points as it will get us used to playing most midweek however if we didn't win it I would consider it a waste of time.

We are Everton.

We are not allowed nice things.

Therefore, we are going to finish in 4th above Chelsea and Arsenal, but Chelsea and Arsenal are going to win the CL and EL respectively, and we will end up in the EL.

FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.