Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If City win today does that release another european spot ...Other than top 4, how many places are available for the Europa.
The League Cup winners go into the new Europa Conference but as City will be in the Top 4, that drops to 6th.

One of Chelsea/Leicester are obviously going to win the FA Cup so if they both stay in the top 5, the FA Cup Europa League place will drop down to 6th also.

The likely scenario will be:

1. CL
2. CL
3. CL
4. CL

5. EL
6. EL

7. ECL

We had a 7 game win streak to start the season
Let's end with another 7 game winning streak

I believe!
Next 4 games are massive. Villa at home, West Ham away then back to back home games against wolves and Sheffield. If we can by some way even by luck win those 4. We are definitely in European football if some sort. The game in hand against villa could be massive for top 4 if we win those 4.

Depends on the group we get. Easier group we can maybe pinch top 2, nightmare group we might even finish bottom and out of Europe altogether. However even 6 games will make us plenty of money plus we are a far more attractive proposition to players. If we are to grow we need to get into the CL sooner rather than later.

If we get Europa we will be progressing but it will be slower the extra games will allow us to have a bigger stronger squad and we have a chance of winning it. However the riches are not so great.

The Conference League we quite simply have to win it if we are in it. This will give us an opportunity to blood some youngsters as well. It has its plus points as it will get us used to playing most midweek however if we didn't win it I would consider it a waste of time.

Do teams eliminated from the Europa League drop into the Conference League at any stage?

Do teams eliminated from the Europa League drop into the Conference League at any stage?

I think some do.

Edit: The teams who finish 3rd in Europa League groups play the teams who finish 2nd in Conference League groups to play the winners of Conference League groups.

What a load of nonsense this European mess is. Conference/League teams dropping out of champions League into Europa. We should start our own champions League. Straight knockout like the old days. Invite Napoli, Valencia and the likes.

9F6085F7-F2FB-4A7B-9C8D-8A3EB515EC01.png

Courtesy of https://kassiesa.net/uefa/ , a fantastic unofficial source for all things UEFA competition related

Our top 4 chances were pretty slim after the Chelsea defeat but Burnley and Palace at home really ended them

We have an outside chance of a top 5 finish but I'd be happy with 6th or 7th and European football again.

Ancelotti can take us to the next level but think injuries have caused too many problems for us and we are simply not a top 4 side at this moment. A couple more transfer windows though and I don't see why we can't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.