Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best result for us would be a West Ham win. Top 4 is then in our own hands. Would still be unlikely, but Carlo said we are ready for the run in.

Yeah we need to dry bum West Ham when we play them in that case to put the goal difference back in our own hands as they could afford to lose to us if they beat Chelsea if we don't pull that back.

This thread never goes away. If Chelsea and West Ham draw then it’s absolutely still a chance. I think Chelsea will win though and go on to get 4th, they are far better than any of the teams tussling with them.

We would need to win 5 out of 6 games realistically. I don’t think we have a run like that in us. We have a fair shot at the minor comps though if 7th is good enough. If Chelsea lose though it opens it up again. If Chelsea win tonight it is all over for the RS IMO.

No 4th would still qualify providing that the Europa winners aren't also from England and also outside the top 5. If Arsenal play United in Europa final and City play Chelsea in the Champions League final the only combination of results that would take the 4th place team out is if both Chelsea and Arsenal win and finish outside the top 4. Any other combination would create a 5th place for English league.

....Chelsea have some difficult games coming up, they will certainly drop points. We had to get the show back on the road with a win at Arsenal & we’ll need to win at West Ham. Hopefully we’ve had our bad run.

Chelsea’s result today might turn out fine for us, you never know.

The best result for us was Chelsea winning.

Their run in has some very hard games as well as cup matches thrown in there as well. Its by far the hardest of all the teams going for top 4. They will drop points.

I think we need to finish above West Ham, Liverpool and Tottenham.

Do that, and were either finishing 4th or 5th and almost certainly in the champions league.

Win against Villa and the cat will be amongst the pigeons.

The best result for us was Chelsea winning.

Their run in has some very hard games as well as cup matches thrown in there as well. Its by far the hardest of all the teams going for top 4. They will drop points.

I think we need to finish above West Ham, Liverpool and Tottenham.

Do that, and were either finishing 4th or 5th and almost certainly in the champions league.

Win against Villa and the cat will be amongst the pigeons.

Just need Villa to enter Benidorm mode and I think that will help us get 6 points. People have bemoaned us losing to bottom sides but they had something to fight for. In our last 6 we have already relegated Sheffield United, Manchester City who will already be Champions, Wolves and hopefully Villa with nothing to play for. These games are all realistically winnable as the teams we are playing won't want it as much. This just leaves the West Ham game which we need to make sure we don't bottle. Hopefully dithering Dave will be the one to bottle it.

I think we need 15 points minimum from the last 6 games. Basically 5 wins

Just need Villa to enter Benidorm mode and I think that will help us get 6 points. People have bemoaned us losing to bottom sides but they had something to fight for. In our last 6 we have already relegated Sheffield United, Manchester City who will already be Champions, Wolves and hopefully Villa with nothing to play for. These games are all realistically winnable as the teams we are playing won't want it as much. This just leaves the West Ham game which we need to make sure we don't bottle. Hopefully dithering Dave will be the one to bottle it.

Ive said all season that we needed 20 wins to finish top 4....its all over this and the 'champions" thread.

However...

Looking at the remaining 6 games i think we could do it with 4 wins and a draw -- providing we best West Ham.

5 wins and i think were definitely in the champions league.

I also think 5th gets champions league this season...

Ive said all season that we needed 20 wins to finish top 4....its all over this and the 'champions" thread.

However...

Looking at the remaining 6 games i think we could do it with 4 wins and a draw -- providing we best West Ham.

5th won’t get CL, if Arsenal and Chelsea both win the cups them 2 plus top 3 get CL.
If Arsenal win they replace 4th
If Chelsea win they get in and 4th won’t(if there not 4th)

However...

5th can never get Champions League unless that team that finishes 5th wins one of the 2 competitions.

5th won’t get CL, if Arsenal and Chelsea both win the cups them 2 plus top 3 get CL.
If Arsenal win they replace 4th
If Chelsea win they get in and 4th won’t(if there not 4th)

5th can never get Champions League unless that team that finishes 5th wins one of the 2 competitions.

Know scenario exists for 5th to qualify for champions league.

Now im confused.

So if we finish 4th and Chelsea 5th.

Chelsea win the champions league.

Then champions league doesnt go 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th ?

Now im confused.

Nope

only way you get 5 in is if Chelsea and Arsenal both win the European cups and the other 3 spots go to 1 2 3

if City or PSG or RM win it 1,2,3,4 go in unless Arsenal win the EL then 1,2,3 Arsenal

if Chelsea win it but finish 5th or lower then 1,2,3 Chelsea

Now im confused.

If we finish 4th and Chelsea finish 5th we get Champions League. However if Arsenal also win Europa League we would then miss out as you can only have a maximum of 5 in CL.

If Chelsea finish 4th and win Champions League there won't be an extra place.

Status
Not open for further replies.