Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I think 4th would get Europa League, and 5th wouldn’t get anything.

In that scenario Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool could all win places in Europe. If Arsenal, Liverpool got in CL from winning cups (and not in European places), then the team who finishes 6th and 7th would miss out.

If Spurs win the cup, then 5th would and if one of Sheffield Utd, Southampton or Bournemouth qualified, they'd take the bay taken by the side in 4th.

It's never, ever happening like, but 4th could genuinely bring no European Football. However, Arsenal/Spurs and Liverpool winning the CL could see you finish 4th and end in Europa.

I make United and Chelsea dead certs which leaves one spot up for grabs. If Spurs can keep Kane, Son and Bale fit and firing then I think they're favourites for that last spot.

Looking at our run in, the games we have against the team's around us like Spurs and West Ham are going to be must wins.

We'll know a lot more about our chances after the next three league games against Burnley, Palace and Brighton. 9 points keeps us right in there with a game in hand still on many of the team's around us.

I make United and Chelsea dead certs which leaves one spot up for grabs. If Spurs can keep Kane, Son and Bale fit and firing then I think they're favourites for that last spot.

Looking at our run in, the games we have against the team's around us like Spurs and West Ham are going to be must wins.

We'll know a lot more about our chances after the next three league games against Burnley, Palace and Brighton. 9 points keeps us right in there with a game in hand still on many of the team's around us.
Spurs have got some tough games, us, Arsenal, Leicester, Leeds and villa away. And utd at home if 70 is the target they would need 10 points from this lot

Spurs have got some tough games, us, Arsenal, Leicester, Leeds and villa away. And utd at home if 70 is the target they would need 10 points from this lot
Very true, but I wouldn't put it past them. Villa are much better away from home (a pretty common trend but still worth considering), and they just need to get a few corners if they want to beat Leeds.

We've obviously beaten them twice this year so we certainly shouldn't fear them but I think there is a curse against teams looking to win a treble against another side, just look at us and United this season!

They are weak at the back, Eric Dier is pony, Davinson Sanchez is shaky and Lloris and Alderweireld are shadows of their former selves but they have an embarrassment of riches at the other end. For my money they have the best striker and left winger in the league and if Bale keeps his recent form up for the remainder of the season then they will be a very difficult side to stave off.

Very true, but I wouldn't put it past them. Villa are much better away from home (a pretty common trend but still worth considering), and they just need to get a few corners if they want to beat Leeds.

We've obviously beaten them twice this year so we certainly shouldn't fear them but I think there is a curse against teams looking to win a treble against another side, just look at us and United this season!

They are weak at the back, Eric Dier is pony, Davinson Sanchez is shaky and Lloris and Alderweireld are shadows of their former selves but they have an embarrassment of riches at the other end. For my money they have the best striker and left winger in the league and if Bale keeps his recent form up for the remainder of the season then they will be a very difficult side to stave off.
Yes I get what your saying. Amd
It looks like the players have said sod this defensive style Jose, we are going to attack.

im hoping they stay in Europe the extra games
may hurt them.
And surely bale can’t play every game remaining, kane is also an injury risk

It feels like another Intertoto Cup, and we all know how that pointless shindig ended up......
It'd be one thing if it were just a single elimination tournament, even two-legged. It's the additional six games, 1-2 of which will inevitably be somewhere far-flung, plus the Thursday-Sunday thing which makes it a big "meh" in my book.

Rather finish 8th than 7th this new european comp is an insult. Would be like winning the fa trophy .Unless the winner qualifies for the champions league?

2024 when the proposed European Super League begins, was reading that the dreaded coefficient decrees that the Premier League will get five places.

If West Ham, us and Tottenham win our game in hand 2nd to 7th covered by 6 points with 10 to play. I wonder if Klopp threw the game on Sunday as he wants to avoid going into a lesser European competition. Winning the Champions League is now his only chance for Europe.

Hard to get 4th with Davies, Gomes, Iwobi, Sigurdson, Iwobi and Bernard....plus James playing for 2-3 odd games

If West Ham, us and Tottenham win our game in hand 2nd to 7th covered by 6 points with 10 to play. I wonder if Klopp threw the game on Sunday as he wants to avoid going into a lesser European competition. Winning the Champions League is now his only chance for Europe.
Despite their bad current run, I don’t think we can write them off just yet for qualifying through their league position. Made up they’ve collapsed and didn’t see it coming, but they’re still only 3 points behind us with a better goal difference. They're more than capable of stringing some wins together again, and if that happened and we dropped some points, they can easily jump up the table again. They’re deffo still in the mix for at least the Europa

Already made my peace with not getting top 4, Think it's just a step too far and stuff like the Doucoure injury doesn't help on a lightweight squad as it is.
Who knows though it's a very weird season for a lot of teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.