Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
Behind Liverpool again, only Arsenal in the top 10 have lost more games, terrible goal difference which more or less gives everyone a point over us.
Even more depressing when you write off the last game of the season. So we have to be qualified for Europe a fixture ahead of everyone else. Not going to happen.

Is there still a trophy?

shopping.png

Even more depressing when you write off the last game of the season. So we have to be qualified for Europe a fixture ahead of everyone else. Not going to happen.
See ive been thinking about this, last 2 games might be in front of fans, we get City so the fan boost might not be enough unless they rest everyone for a potentialCL final.
West Ham have it nice, Leicester, Spurs, Chelsea and Villa all playing each oter is interesting

Saturday 15 May​

Brighton v Man City
Burnley v Liverpool
Chelsea v Leicester
Crystal Palace v Arsenal
Everton v Wolves
Man Utd v Fulham
Newcastle v Sheffield Utd
Southampton v Leeds
Spurs v Aston Villa
West Brom v West Ham

Sunday 23 May​

16:00 Arsenal v Brighton
16:00 Aston Villa v Chelsea
16:00 Fulham v Newcastle
16:00 Leeds v West Brom
16:00 Leicester v Spurs
16:00 Liverpool v Crystal Palace
16:00 Man City v Everton
16:00 Sheffield Utd v Burnley
16:00 West Ham v Southampton
16:00 Wolves v Man Utd

If and its a big if we win our next 2 we can close up on Leicester who play West Ham and City. It's not over yet. We have made it extremely difficult but its such a weird season literally anything could happen.

top 10 is definitely doable and is where the team is aiming for...ideally 9th. They dislike expectation being placed on them and certainly one could argue they feel they are underpaid to perform at the highest level. I can live with 10th...on the proviso our brave lads continue to fulfill their most important job...community events. I think I speak for all of us in saying that events like Blue Chrimbo mean more to us than silly football results. After all, we are not known as 'the family club' for nothing!

NSNO... (when it comes to EITC)

If we all took that advice there'd only be 2,000 in GP even when covid restrictions have disappeared. The truth is far too many of our performances have been absolutely dire. I've been watching Everton for 60 years and I can't think of a season I've enjoyed less from the entertainment perspective.
The football at the start of the season was as good as anything I've seen and even looking at our poor performances and results at home I can think of many seasons when it was worse overall.

The football at the start of the season was as good as anything I've seen and even looking at our poor performances and results at home I can think of many seasons when it was worse overall.

You wouldn’t think it was only a few weeks ago James Rodriguez played a slide rule through ball to Richalrison to score to set us on our way to win at Anfield, we came back from two down at Old Trafford to draw, and we beat Spurs 5-4 despite going one down. It’s all been worse than Allardyce apparently.

You wouldn’t think it was only a few weeks ago James Rodriguez played a slide rule through ball to Richalrison to score to set us on our way to win at Anfield, we came back from two down at Old Trafford to draw, and we beat Spurs 5-4 despite going one down. It’s all been worse than Allardyce apparently.
Weve had some great moments this season but also some real horrorshows, its from one extreme to the other at times

I think them performances are what frustrate people most about our horror shows knowing that we can play like that. Personally as much as its depressing when we lose at least when we sit down to watch we genuinely don't know what's going to happen. It's great. This team is somewhere probably 7th best in the league. This accounts for our fluctuations. When Allardyce left we were 8th he would have took us backwards and the football would have been dreadful. I know the football has been poor recently but that is due to the number of games being played.

I think them performances are what frustrate people most about our horror shows knowing that we can play like that. Personally as much as its depressing when we lose at least when we sit down to watch we genuinely don't know what's going to happen. It's great. This team is somewhere probably 7th best in the league. This accounts for our fluctuations. When Allardyce left we were 8th he would have took us backwards and the football would have been dreadful. I know the football has been poor recently but that is due to the number of games being played.

Give me this unpredictability any day over the Moyes Silva Koeman Allardyce style of football that will beat enough of the bottom 14 at home so we don’t go down but set up for a draw away at the top sides. There’s no hope to that football. We went decades not winning at certain grounds and knowing before kick off that we couldn’t win, we weren’t even setting out to win.

Ancelotti has changed that. It might be frustrating in other ways now but we go into a quarter final against the best team in Europe expecting to lose but at least with a bit of hope that this manager and team have shown they can get results from nowhere. I remember lots of Evertonians calling for exactly this towards the end of the Moyes period. They’d had enough of predictability of every season going the same of winning and losing to the same teams every season. Now it’s here and some want to go back to beating Newcastle and Fulham at home like West Ham do.

The team isn't exactly pulling up trees but 4th is still very much possible. Despite the Burnley result, Spurs and West Ham also lost. Chelsea only drew. It's going to be tough but certainly not impossible. If we win our game in hand, we go three points ahead of the RS.
Personally I don't think we'll quite have enough for 4th but it's certainly not over yet. Plenty more twists and turns to go.

First two priorities for me are finish above the RS and at least qualify for at least the Europa. After that, winning the FA Cup and top 4 would be the cherry on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.