Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time we had more shots at goal than our opponent in a home league game was on 19th September 2020 against 10 man West Brom.

the last time we had more shots at goal than our opponent in a home league game against 11 men was against Man Utd on 1st March 2020 (the one where sigurdsson laid on the floor and we had a goal disallowed in the last minute and then carlo got sent off)

over a year ago

we have not outplayed a single opponent at home in the league for over a year apart from 10 man west brom
You’re right, the footy has been dreadful recently. Other than the first 7 games when we were free scoring, it’s been turgid. Even when we’ve won, it’s not been eye catching at all!

We’ve been without our first XI since though, and the fact Carlo was playing that way at the time means he’d prefer to play that way when personnel allows?

Screenshot_20210315-220812.jpg

We don't know who Carlo has in mind in the next transfer window, but finishing top 4 - it'd be 4th - would make a move here more attractive to good, ambitious
footballers and the club would make money in the CL.

The prospect doesn't really excite me though. I doubt that we'd come at all close to winning it and it would almost certainly weaken us in the league.

I'd love to be wrong.

I have us in 9th looking at the predictor now. The 2 games against Villa, and the West Ham and Spurs games will decide if we can make the Europa League.

I have us in 9th looking at the predictor now. The 2 games against Villa, and the West Ham and Spurs games will decide if we can make the Europa League.
No way we’re making Top 4, we’re in a battle for any kind of euro footy. It’s no slight, CL would be too soon, recalibrate and any kind of euro footy is a great achievement

No way we’re making Top 4, we’re in a battle for any kind of euro footy. It’s no slight, CL would be too soon, recalibrate and any kind of euro footy is a great achievement
I agree. We're pretty much guaranteed top 10, and that is progress from last season, and we have Allan, James, Doucoure and Godfrey who we didn't have last season.

Normal service is resumed, Liverpool back above us, personally I think we`ve blown Europe all together and we will finish 8th. Cant see us finishing above West Ham, Liverpool or Tottenham and now Arsenal are a real threat the way they played against Spurs. We have to play those teams and we haven`t played well at all lately. We`ve had arguably 2 or 3 good games in the last 18 games....

The worry is that IF we dont get Europe what is the prospect of bringing in better players, who would want to come to a team outside Europe playing the turgid BFS football we play?

Normal service is resumed, Liverpool back above us, personally I think we`ve blown Europe all together and we will finish 8th. Cant see us finishing above West Ham, Liverpool or Tottenham and now Arsenal are a real threat the way they played against Spurs. We have to play those teams and we haven`t played well at all lately. We`ve had arguably 2 or 3 good games in the last 18 games....

The worry is that IF we dont get Europe what is the prospect of bringing in better players, who would want to come to a team outside Europe playing the turgid BFS football we play?
We need to go back to looking at players from poor sides, relegated sides, lower league teams...etc players that are under the radar, that's where we do our best buisness

We signed Allan & James who have played CL football over the last how many years without any European football. As we did with Digne, Mina & Gomes. We still have the manager as a draw for players too.

It’s not the be all and end all, I doubt many players are desperate to be playing Europa League football as opposed to the Champions League. The prospect of just playing in the Premier League is a bigger pull than playing in the Europa League.

The manager will sort us out.

Don’t watch Everton then? Pretty simple solution.
If we all took that advice there'd only be 2,000 in GP even when covid restrictions have disappeared. The truth is far too many of our performances have been absolutely dire. I've been watching Everton for 60 years and I can't think of a season I've enjoyed less from the entertainment perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.