Too scared to play football ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sense of reality is needed I feel.

We arent a top club, we are a mid table team, the sooner most of you realise that the easier the results will become.

22 years and counting.

We should be grateful we are still in the league tbh.

The appointment of big flatulent sam showed that in clarity mate

Any LB with a left foot please

I have just spent 90 minutes watching Bristol City. They have one called Magnusson. Has a blinding Bainsesq left foot, and a better than decent right one. Lob in an effective long throw. Whats not to like. I would also like the other left back/wing back/winger they have, Byron.

two best full backs out injured
Kenny is ok
Martina is rubbish
Jags and Williams are rubbish
Keane has been poor
Holgate will be good
Schneids i've never rated from day one, could never understand the fuss about him
Vlasic and Lookman not ready
Gueye done ok
Rooney done better than i thought
DCL done well but he's not a main target man yet

it confirms we are not a good team
a fit Coleman Baines Barkley Bolasie would improve it a bit.

Unsworth slaughtered by lots of blues and in the media - points return 7 in 4 games (1.75 points per game)
Allardyce - being lauded by a lot of blues and the media - points return 12 in 7 games (1.71 points per game)

FAKE NEWS

Unsworth was 7 points in 5 games

SAD

Plus he got us knocked out the League and Europa Cups.

..I wonder if the group we have aren’t capable. I don’t think it’s tactics, I think it’s lack of quality.

Thing is though Eggs, IMO you could take a team of average players and actually get them to play footy, the problem for me in our last 2 games is there isn't any movement in the final third because we actually have everyone behind the ball.

The only player who offers us something different is Niasse, because he will at least try and get in behind defenders, just a shame Allardyce doesn't rate him.

Have we even played well once all season?
Even the 4-0 v West Ham, it massively flattered us, and we were under the cosh for long spells.

Best we’ve looked all season was actually the reserve team in Cyprus.

2017, apart from a 3 month spell from January to the end of March has pretty much been an abomination.

These players are proper turd. They were turd under Koeman and continue to be turd under everybody else.

No wonder he sets them up just to try and not lose.

Edit: actually the majority of 2016 was absolute garbage too.

Jan to May under Martinez was grim and Koeman looked like he was steadying the ship but it was dull as dishwater from August until Christmas.

So when you weigh it up, apart from about 3 months we have been mostly garbage for 2 full years.
Make that three and a half years.......

BFS said post match that he’s concerned about starting players who don’t have the requisite premier league experience. Fair enough I suppose but I don’t see how having Lookman or Vlasic come on instead of Bolasie would be a bad thing. Based on what he’s said in interviews there’s no way he’ll start Lookman and Vlasic together any time soon.

Sense of reality is needed I feel.

We arent a top club, we are a mid table team, the sooner most of you realise that the easier the results will become.

22 years and counting.

We should be grateful we are still in the league tbh.
True.

Harsh....but very true.

Apart from bottling at the 1st chance of silverware under Moyes .
Its always been the same since 1995.

2017, apart from a 3 month spell from January to the end of March has pretty much been an abomination.

These players are proper turd. They were turd under Koeman and continue to be turd under everybody else.

No wonder he sets them up just to try and not lose.

Edit: actually the majority of 2016 was absolute garbage too.

Jan to May under Martinez was grim and Koeman looked like he was steadying the ship but it was dull as dishwater from August until Christmas.

So when you weigh it up, apart from about 3 months we have been mostly garbage for 2 full years.
Exactly. Tbh I wonder how much of it is Sam, and how much of it is the squad. There are good players, not all the signings are rubbish, but we're deficient at the front and have too many worn out or inexperienced defenders. And putting DCL up there on his own was a bit cruel. Is there no-one who could have played alongside him?

Status
Not open for further replies.