Too scared to play football ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I wonder if the group we have aren’t capable. I don’t think it’s tactics, I think it’s lack of quality.
Don't agree mate, at least like not fully, we are choosing to not use players who technically are better than ones we are choosing, we've had three [Poor language removed] managers this year in terms of what they bring

To rubbish to play football.

There were rumours that the reason MS was frozen out at utd was because he couldn't pass.

Having watched him for 12 months it looks like they were right. For a player in his position his long passing is atrocious.

Things needed:
  • An actual left-back, the players are so hesitant to pass to Martina and without a winger protecting him for 90 minutes we are exposed.
  • Midfielders who are comfortable on the ball.
  • Players in the side who will carry the ball.
  • A more complete centre forward who gives the opposition something to fear about so we aren't permanently boxed in.

We are bereft of confidence and applied talent throughout the squad.
While some are not up to the standard or willing to really exert themselves for the cause, I think there is some real talent in the squad.

The problem is however, we have too many players of the same mould (defensive midfielders) and too many being shoe-horned in the wrong role.

All supported by some who simply aren't good enough! For example, I'm not excusing Schneiderlin, but our expectations of him aren't realistic.

In the past, he has thrived as a defensive midfielder who's confident on the ball, yet now with Gana alongside he's expected to be overly creative.

Playing McCarthy as well today, like others managers have when it was with Barry, simply neutralises our attacking options from the middle.

Then people moan we play 'crab-football'. If however, there was someone next to them who could push on then I think they'd more likely thrive.

Same with Gylfi, people moaning for months about how our full backs now offering enough and the overt criticism of DC that's emerging.

Basically, we don't set up in a way to really challenge teams and we haven't for a long time because we bought the wrong players or roles.

Don't agree mate, at least like not fully, we are choosing to not use players who technically are better than ones we are choosing, we've had three [Poor language removed] managers this year in terms of what they bring

..I know you want the likes of Vlasic and Lookman to play. I’d certainly play Vlasic centrally myself but I can’t argue with our points return since Allardyce took over. Its not pretty, indeed it’s quite awful but I can’t see any other combination accumulating the points we have.

Things needed:
  • An actual left-back, the players are so hesitant to pass to Martina and without a winger protecting him for 90 minutes we are exposed.
  • Midfielders who are comfortable on the ball.
  • Players in the side who will carry the ball.
  • A more complete centre forward who gives the opposition something to fear about so we aren't permanently boxed in.

Perfect.

• Any LB with a left foot please
  • Im not a barkley fan much at all..He is gifted but to many times I just want him to play his first touch...He is almost to comfortable on the ball
  • I think this is the biggest of all needs. FFS Have you watched LCF this year? Harry Mcguire carries the ball through the midfield and creates all sorts of problems for the opposition. Yes Please to a player who will carry the ball.
  • One who can actually time a Hoofball would be nice. One that has more power than my daughters left foot.
  • (adding one) PACE!

When your goalkeeper is your best player by an absolute street, it really is a sad indictment of the quality in your team. Pickford, Coleman and Gana are very good players, we have players like Rooney (still good for next season) Keane, Bolasie (when match sharp) and Barkley (probably on his way out) who are a serviceable and then players like DcL, Lookman, Vlasic and Davies who are talented yet very raw players who can provide moments every now and then. Outside of these boys I want everyone else GONE.

Sense of reality is needed I feel.

We arent a top club, we are a mid table team, the sooner most of you realise that the easier the results will become.

22 years and counting.

We should be grateful we are still in the league tbh.

agreed. It would be nice to pretend to at least to want to get there. Europa next year is not gone but clearly in the rearview mirror. Lets build not try and bring back players like mccarthy into the fold. Id rather us use the rest of the season to start building for the future. If we are not going to loan out our young future then we need to play them.

Its frustrating to say the least. I dont know I could be wrong. It not really easy watching these last three games.

agreed. It would be nice to pretend to at least to want to get there. Europa next year is not gone but clearly in the rearview mirror. Lets build not try and bring back players like mccarthy into the fold. Id rather us use the rest of the season to start building for the future. If we are not going to loan out our young future then we need to play them.

Its frustrating to say the least. I dont know I could be wrong. It not really easy watching these last three games.

We just need to sack Steve Walsh and appoint me.

Thats all we need to do.

..I know you want the likes of Vlasic and Lookman to play. I’d certainly play Vlasic centrally myself but I can’t argue with our points return since Allardyce took over. Its not pretty, indeed it’s quite awful but I can’t see any other combination accumulating the points we have.

Unsworth slaughtered by lots of blues and in the media - points return 7 in 4 games (1.75 points per game)
Allardyce - being lauded by a lot of blues and the media - points return 12 in 7 games (1.71 points per game)

Fair enough we got slaughtered by Saints in a terrible worrying performance, but honestly mate the last two games against West Brom and Bournemouth - we have mustered 4 shots on target - and none in the first half of either game.

are next two league games are Man U at home, followed by Spurs away - honest opinion how do you thin Big Fat Sams points return will look after 9 games in charge?

IF we lose the next two games - Allardyce will have 12 in 9 games (1.3 per game) - basically a 50 point season average

I honestly believe the luck bubble burst today, hand on heart you can't argue the fact we should have lost both the derby and to Chelsea and to West Brom, and at most got a draw from the Newcastle game - if luck would have been level we'd have been sat with about 7 out the last 7 games mate, which history shows is Allardyce's level.

Status
Not open for further replies.