Tony Cottee on TalkSport

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can’t help their already shattered confidence though can it?

Sounds like them trying to reassign responsibility to the fans to cover for themselves tbh

We're getting fed a steady diet for fan base blame from those associated with the club as well as the ex-players

That's the narrative they're trying to push, and it's a disappointing one

Doesn't look there's been any internal retrospection from those calling the shots. They've tried to find outside factors to excuse the poor run and then stampeded towards them rather than turning a critical eye on themselves

That's troubling

I suspect having too many people responsible for signings and "club strategy" has led to a - "it's not my fault" attitude from Koeman - that isn't gettting the best out of anybody.

Maybe this time around we're spotting it early, some turned against Martinez VERY early - most (me included) kept a bit of faith in him but by xmas we'd decided we'd seen enough because we could all see what was going wrong & he just wouldn't adapt or change, either in games or from 1 week to the next.
It's glaringly obvious when the team sheet goes up that we are gonna be getting the same as in previous games despite having players in the squad that would give us completely different formations & ways of playing a game, he really isn't making the most of what is at his disposal. We've seen some shoite served up in our time & it always gets 'fixed' when it's too late to achieve anything other than being 'best of the rest,' maybe it's our experience as fans that's making us realise that this needs to be halted now rather than later on, the majority have forked out for the season & after a small number of home games we'd like to see something being done rather than turn up to watch the same dross again.

I wonder if TC is as critical of West Ham Fans when they start kicking off that they aren't doing things the fabled 'West Ham Way' ? that same West Ham Way that has never really achieved anything since it's concept, in fact more relegations than honours.

it massively effects the players, I always say it. The form, is down to the manager obviously, but the negativity from the crowd, the players don't want the ball half the time cos they know the deathly silence will be shattered by groan,moans and "you're effin sh1t lad.." as soon as they mis place a pass.

Evil evil buggers the lot of us. Now smile and sing nice things about Schneiderlin.

you mean we don't need pace or a proper striker? Narrow negative tactics can win

You are missing my the point, he said “partly”.
Obviously we are a tactical mess and it’s down to Koeman. But if you are Sandro or Klaassen for example and are in a new country and league, in and out the team, you probably think you are not going to get booed after a handful of appearances.

Sounds like them trying to reassign responsibility to the fans to cover for themselves tbh

We're getting fed a steady diet for fan base blame from those associated with the club as well as the ex-players

That's the narrative they're trying to push, and it's a disappointing one

Doesn't look there's been any internal retrospection from those calling the shots. They've tried to find outside factors to excuse the poor run and then stampeded towards them rather than turning a critical eye on themselves

That's troubling
IT'S A CONSPIRACEE I TELLZ YER

it massively effects the players, I always say it. The form, is down to the manager obviously, but the negativity from the crowd, the players don't want the ball half the time cos they know the deathly silence will be shattered by groan,moans and "you're effin sh1t lad.." as soon as they mis place a pass.
You shouldn't be playing professional football if you are afraid to take the ball over the fear of fans slagging u off.

It's the club and those connected to it banking on our own self loathing and low esteem convincing us that we're the reason for the poor run, as opposed to the manager having a shocking season tactically whilst also failing to motivate his players
We won't be helping either though.

Status
Not open for further replies.