Tony Cottee on TalkSport

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just have to look in the Lukaku thread and see the hate and spite in peoples posts about him.

We used to be a fanbase with class and dignity, the likes of Beardsley was always welcomed back with a generous round of applause. Now the likes of @ianefc would wish a career ending injury on him.

Sad to see so called Everton fans act like this.
Look at the reaction Naismith got on his return, then look at some of the posts on here...

It's obviously a small minority of the fan base poisoning the mindset of others. There has always been vitriol at the match but in my opinion it's the glory hunting, FIFA beauts who expected to ride a wave of Moshiri's money to the title who are to blame.

1. If they were not playing absolutely trash football they might just get a bit more support.
  2. Professional sports people in general ignore what's going on around them. Only weak minded ones (Boooo Rosco, remember that... christ!) get effected.

I blame the Farhad.

I do wonder if when he was 'sold' the idea of owning us he was shown examples of us spending as little as possible to keep hovering around 7th place, cos the amount that's required to break into the top 4 regularly can be huge & if it doesnt happen it's a lot of money lost. He's not really lobbed a lot at it so far, yes we've spent more than every before but look at how much came in from TV & then Lukaku, they were probably furious that he was opening his gob and hanging round with Utd players before a deal was done cos they'd have preferred an 11pm deadline day deal.

What's up with these people in the professional game, years. And not having a clue about football? Seriously. It's [Poor language removed] scary. We are making millionaires out of complete air heads.

You shouldn't be playing professional football if you are afraid to take the ball over the fear of fans slagging u off.

Thats like saying you shouldn't be a teacher if you can't take the grief off kids or a copper if you can take threats of physical violence. NO ONE wants to be abused, no matter what they get paid. We do not have the right to call someone a useless c*** cos we paid for a season ticket.

Also, what is the point, it only has a negative effect. not one person gains anything from shouting at the players apart from the whopper who actually shouts, looking like a faux-super fan.

Look at the reaction Naismith got on his return, then look at some of the posts on here...

It's obviously a small minority of the fan base poisoning the mindset of others. There has always been vitriol at the match but in my opinion it's the glory hunting, FIFA beauts who expected to ride a wave of Moshiri's money to the title who are to blame.

The same toads who jizzed themselves when we signed all the numbers 10s and no one else and thought we would win the league with that. None have the self awareness to even consider they are in the wrong.

Sounds like them trying to reassign responsibility to the fans to cover for themselves tbh

We're getting fed a steady diet for fan base blame from those associated with the club as well as the ex-players

That's the narrative they're trying to push, and it's a disappointing one

Doesn't look there's been any internal retrospection from those calling the shots. They've tried to find outside factors to excuse the poor run and then stampeded towards them rather than turning a critical eye on themselves

That's troubling

So you think it does them good? The players being told they are sh1te?

You just have to look in the Lukaku thread and see the hate and spite in peoples posts about him.

We used to be a fanbase with class and dignity, the likes of Beardsley was always welcomed back with a generous round of applause. Now the likes of @ianefc would wish a career ending injury on him.

Sad to see so called Everton fans act like this.
Did Beardsley belittle us every international break? Clock off with 8 league games to go in each of his seasons? Goad the match going fans (the blood line of the club)?

If not then it's an invalid comparison.

Sorry I'm not a super football fan.

Everton is all that counts, don't like it? This side has a wonderful ignore feature. You shan't be changing my opinion, no matter how often you reference it.

The same toads who jizzed themselves when we signed all the numbers 10s and no one else and thought we would win the league with that. None have the self awareness to even consider they are in the wrong.
But all those tens add up to 100 lad which means we should be boss?

*insert 100 and fire emojis here

Status
Not open for further replies.