2017/18 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies wants to play football, we play anti football. No doubt you are correct about him not influencing games enough but I'm hoping that comes with age and experience. It just gets a little bit disheartening to see a 19 year old kid jumped on when we have MUCH MUCH bigger problems everywhere else.

I don't really see Davies as a problem. Just overrated by a section of fans on here. We shouldn't be so reliant on him. Same as Kenny and Calvert-Lewin. Don't think any of the three should have played so many games this year.

He's literally the only box to box player we have. He was all over the pitch today. His first touch let him down a bit, but he's still very young to be playing as much as he is. If we aren't going to play Klaassen, he has to play. There's no one else to carry the ball.

He's still only 19, he is a tidy little player who is being over utilised in a very very poor team. For every fan that 'over hypes'him, there's another 10 can't wait to slate his every move, it's modern football.

The alternative is Morgan Schneiderlin(as Benigame is too young) so be careful what you wish for.

Yes he made some mistakes yesterday and a couple of heavy touches but he was trying things and driving us forward. Should start every game for us.

The few positives yesterday, Tom was at the heart of.

If niasse was a footballer we would have created so much more.

The best way to treat a 19 year old footballer is to expect him to be a world beater every game or else call him out for being crap, then when the pressure gets to them and they leave, call them a traitor, tried and tested. Some of our fans are proper divs.

I don't really know what is wrong with people saying Davies isn't playing well. Nothing against the lad, he's just struggling a lot.

Davies? Tom Davies? There are actual Evertonians who think Tom [Poor language removed] Davies was the reason it all went south for us yesterday? Not Rooney, who had zero legs, missed short passes under no pressure and easily gave away twice the possession? Not Ashley Williams, planted in the turf like a totem pole while players ran around his static arse? Not Niasse, failing at RUNNING, like a newborn fawn on an ice-rink? Or Keane, unable to point that gigantic square Minecraft head anywhere near the net for a certain header goal? But Tom Davies is your target?

Beyond help.

Davies? Tom Davies? There are actual Evertonians who think Tom [Poor language removed] Davies was the reason it all went south for us yesterday? Not Rooney, who had zero legs, missed short passes under no pressure and easily gave away twice the possession? Not Ashley Williams, planted in the turf like a totem pole while players ran around his static arse? Not Niasse, failing at RUNNING, like a newborn fawn on an ice-rink? Or Keane, unable to point that gigantic square Minecraft head anywhere near the net for a certain header goal? But Tom Davies is your target?

Beyond help.

I just can't believe people came away from that and thought Davies had a good game. He was poor, as were plenty of others. The fact Davies is getting so much game time despite poor form says everything about our season. We need better in there.

Davies is far from a finished product and is sometimes wasteful in possession. To my eyes, it is almost always the result of trying too hard; trying to do too much. The fact that positive passing and sincere effort stand out in this squad- THAT is the real issue. In a game where nobody was good, I found Pickford, Walcott and Davies to be least offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.