2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the bright side he's out of contract at the end of the season, I'm being fully serious though I can't see any club picking him up for even 1/10th of his salary at the minute. I honestly would not be shocked at all if at age 25 he retired due to lack of interest from clubs.
He plays like he’s not interested so it wouldn’t surprise me

On the bright side he's out of contract at the end of the season, I'm being fully serious though I can't see any club picking him up for even 1/10th of his salary at the minute. I honestly would not be shocked at all if at age 25 he retired due to lack of interest from clubs.
Same here, honestly can't even see a championship side coming in for him.

Nailed on that he’ll be offered a new deal :rant:, particularly if Kenwright has anything to do with it!

Nailed on that he’ll be offered a new deal :rant:, particularly if Kenwright has anything to do with it!
One could argue it's [somewhat] 'logical' from the club's POV to give him a new deal: he's a homegrown/clubgrown player, cost us nothing, his salary is probably around £30-40k a week which is minimal on the books, he's happy to be a squad player, has Prem experience, can "do a job" (sort of), wont kick up a fuss etc etc. I can absolutely see Blue Billy giving "one of our own" a new deal rather than letting him walk on a free.

One could argue it's [somewhat] 'logical' from the club's POV to give him a new deal: he's a homegrown/clubgrown player, cost us nothing, his salary is probably around £30-40k a week which is minimal on the books, he's happy to be a squad player, has Prem experience, can "do a job" (sort of), wont kick up a fuss etc etc. I can absolutely see Blue Billy giving "one of our own" a new deal rather than letting him walk on a free.
Just absolutely walloped the cat after reading all of that.

He wont be retiring. If a lunatic bellend like Ravel Morrison can have a "career" of about 13 clubs in 13 years, I'm sure Davies would get a contract somewhere if he left. It's not like he'd be demanding £300k p/w to start at City or anything.

Davies has been in and around the squad since 2015/16 without ever threatening to become a regular starter, or showing any improvements as a player, so at 24 you've got to ask why is he still here?

He's far more known for stuff off the pitch than on it during that time. He has to be moved on when his contract is up next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.