2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies has been in and around the squad since 2015/16 without ever threatening to become a regular starter, or showing any improvements as a player, so at 24 you've got to ask why is he still here?

He's far more known for stuff off the pitch than on it during that time. He has to be moved on when his contract is up next summer.
Hes still here cos hes a local lad on smallish wages who is happy to be around the squad.

Hes not a bad player for me, he has bad games and bad moments, but hes mostly a decent back up option.

I mean hes currently around 5th choice, not sure what quality of player people think would be 5th choice CM at a club who battles relegation.

Hes still here cos hes a local lad on smallish wages who is happy to be around the squad.

Hes not a bad player for me, he has bad games and bad moments, but hes mostly a decent back up option.

I mean hes currently around 5th choice, not sure what quality of player people think would be 5th choice CM at a club who battles relegation.
People act like we can have depth everywhere and pay everybody like one of the big sides playing European football

For the time being, we need 6th choice guys like Tom to fill out a squad who hopefully won't see the pitch much that won't break the bank

Hopefully in a few years we won't need players like this any more. But it is what it is right now

Status
Not open for further replies.