2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was good to see the manager offering a sensible balanced view on the matter of Tom squaring it to Yerry.

"In terms of the chance for Davies, I think he saw the position of Yerry and thought it was much better than his position. That's it.

"You can't blame a player for making this kind of decision. If he doesn't have anyone and he's looking for someone then ok you can say he doesn't want to score, or he was a little scared.

"But that's not the case, you can't blame him. He was in the right place at the right time, he felt that Yerry was in a better position.

"That's it. He was unlucky it was just some centimetres offside."

Therefore, we should be looking to sell Davies and the other centre mids and sign 2 new players for that position.

Are you saying you'd keep Gomes and Delph over Davies? Gaming even?

Only Gomes realistically could be said to have a chance at pushing for a first team slot, but I don't think he's anywhere near first choice.

See above.

Delph no. Gomes offers something a little different to Davies. Both can be used differently but effective from the bench. It’s just starting them regular where cracks may appear.
Bin them all off apart from Allan and Doucoure + sign 2 new players.

Gomes, Delph, Gbamin and Davies.

What of it?
Yes, would you get rid of all of them ahead of Davies?

I.e. what's the order. Is there worth in a phased transition. I.e. one argument on here is that Davies is worth keeping as a squad player because he's usually fit, relatively cheap and won't kick up a fuss.

Cwoar, you're making this hard work Zac.

Yes, would you get rid of all of them ahead of Davies?

I.e. what's the order. Is there worth in a phased transition. I.e. one argument on here is that Davies is worth keeping as a squad player because he's usually fit, relatively cheap and won't kick up a fuss.

Cwoar, you're making this hard work Zac.

I have no idea who "Zac" is...

...I also have no idea why i need to repeat myself 3 times.

Perhaps youre confused?

Time for a lie down...

Perhaps youre confused?

Time for a lie down...
Zacara is a good lad, usually quite happy to chat footie.

Dunno who this grumpy soul is. Has someone hacked Zacara's account?

Ps you have not repeated yourself three times. I'm still none the wiser re: the question I outlined.

I think this is his last chance with benitez. And who knows he might get something from him. Personaly i dont think he's anything other than mid to lower prem level. Doesnt travel with the ball well. Hasnt got any pace. His passing is very hit and miss. And his goals and assists for 3 years are shocking.
But its how benitez works him now.
I just look at that goal at old trafford on sat. We havent scored goals like that in a long time. It was pure lethal. And if city or the rabble over the park scored that the pundits would have been creaming all over it. Two of the new signings were because of that goal. We aint ever scoring that with the players we've had here for the past 3/4 seasons. Even longer.
Benitez has no choice but to use them right now but i saw Everton score a goal on sat that confirmed to me that we've got it terribly wrong for so long.

Perhaps youre confused?

Time for a lie down...
Just for the record I've been gagging to call you Daktari for months, but we have never disagreed enough for petty name calling.

Allan and Doucs starting. And the other options have been Delph... Gbamin ... Gomes (actually been ok but missed the last game), Sigs..... and Tom

How many of those options have been missing due to, lets say not being entirely professional with their lifestyle? Tom D was the only match fit option for the last game. Ffs people giving him shat for it. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.