2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, i dont think we "need" him at all.

he needs us more than we need him
Well we will disagree.

Our bench options are impossibly stretched. The other midfield options were permanently injured Delph, also injured Gomes or the invisible man Gbamin.

Until we get some other cover, we need him and he will continue to get minutes.

…only thing on your mind is where you are going to shoot and getting your contact right. You only look for options when you don’t fancy the situation.

As soon as he passed it forward he’d have suspected Mina was off. I knew straight away, I immediately said ‘wtf is he doing’. I so like the lad but it was very poor from him.
When he gets the ball he looks to the center immediately, go watch it you can see his head look, and Mina is onside when he does that. Mina should not being running offside afterward.

Despite the criticism he played well and what was particularly impressive was the position and space he found himself in. Showed some football intelligence and he was looking at Mina as soon as he received the ball and turned. He looks like he had made his choice then rather than going for it on instinct. Needs more confidence in himself.

He should know he is off though. When you play footy at any level you have, or you should have, an awareness if a player is offside or not when you have ball. It is basic football knowledge and something that should go through your head. This is nothing to do with hindsight or having different angles to watch it from

There’s nothing wrong with passing if you are sure the player is behind you but it was clear he wasn’t. To make it worse there’s a massive got to the side of De Gea to slide it inside the near post which again he should have realised
When he looked up Yerry was on. He drew De Gea in and laid it off to Yerry for a tap in. Yerry went offside.

Crystal Palace apparently.

Interestingly enough managed by PL, World Cup winning, European Championship winning and prototypical modern PL midfielder Patrick Viera.
You would expect him to know a player or potential in his position to be fair. I could see Davies being used as a 10 or a 6 but he has lost all confidence in dribbling.

Looking at it again it would have taken a very accurate shot to beat the United keeper.

Hindsight is wonderful but I for one won't slate Tom for what was a spur of the moment decision.

As posted elsewhere, had he shot and failed to score the warriors would be slating him for not squaring the ball.

When you say accurate you mean there was a goalkeeper standing there that he had to beat?
New to this football lark are you. They play every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.