2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can he not know Mina is off? He would have noticed it when he looked up to pass to him… only Everton can mess up a 2 on 1 with the gk to go top of the league and it’s down to beating weak mentally and has been for a long time …. Play well when the pressure is off and as soon as we need to win to go top, go through , get top 4 top 6… the players bottle it
The players definitely didn't bottle it yesterday. That's an absurd claim. They played well overall despite missing 2 of our best players.

We are currently top 4. Played well in a pressure match and lost the win by 10 cms

Isnt that just the Everton mentality right there.
Oh we nearly won by 10cms.
Mate. You dont often(or we dont) get glorious chances like that to finish teams at grounds like that.
The good and the bad yesterday
The goal. Brilliant. Thats where we want to be heading. Ruthless. Quick. Postive. Ripped them apart.
The bad. Handed a win on a plate. Blew it and accepting the oh well. We nearly did it.
It might not seem much but that first touch of tom davies yest sums up where this club has been for so long.
Average plodders who just havent got it.
Its nothing personal against davies. He's not alone in what the issue has been. But he's part of it.
I got a little taster yest with our goal of where we can go. We made a statement. We told teams we can hurt you.
And then. Right at the death. That first touch. That dithering.
Despertate to get away from that. Been watching that sh!te for far to long.

But it isn't. I'm not even sure it is 50% of the time.

The thing is if he knows Mina is off he should never pass but he doesn't know that. It's not about courage, it's about what is higher percentage and finding Yerry simply is. He's made the right play, Yerry didn't do his job.
He should know he is off though. When you play footy at any level you have, or you should have, an awareness if a player is offside or not when you have ball. It is basic football knowledge and something that should go through your head. This is nothing to do with hindsight or having different angles to watch it from

There’s nothing wrong with passing if you are sure the player is behind you but it was clear he wasn’t. To make it worse there’s a massive got to the side of De Gea to slide it inside the near post which again he should have realised

The players definitely didn't bottle it yesterday. That's an absurd claim. They played well overall despite missing 2 of our best players.

we did play well and I would have taken a draw before the game , but … we have just crashed out of the cup to qpr and blown another golden opportunity to win away at one of the big teams. We regularly waste opportunities when presented with them and have for years , am I wrong ?

Those prone to over reaction might call me out here, but I genuinely thought that if both attackers are beyond the last man then it can't be offside. I saw the replay and celebrated whole heartedly by taking an optimistic swig of decaf tea. Obvs I swiftly calmed down once it became clear.

Mina and Davies could have done a bit better. It was so close that it is harsh to blame the pass, and of course he could have taken a shot but if it went wide or saved then he would have been abused for not passing.

we did play well and I would have taken a draw before the game , but … we have just crashed out of the cup to qpr and blown another golden opportunity to win away at one of the big teams. We regularly waste opportunities when presented with them and have for years , am I wrong ?

No. You are 100% correct. And our fanbase have been so used to it that we're plucky Everton who nearly did it is becoming our motto.

Status
Not open for further replies.