2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s baffling. That night I thought wow, we’ve got a star on our hands here. Can’t remember anything he’s done since then.
A lot on here think he's simply lost his way and fell out of love with the game and the requirement of top level dedication.

A lot on here think he's simply lost his way and fell out of love with the game and the requirement of top level dedication.

I think he just had one of those games v City really which any player can have when everything just clicks.

His development with him not being blessed with any particular physical attributes always depended on coaching and him being properly developed - changing managers every 12 months changing position multiple times every season especially earlier on, then missing time with injuries and his importance and game time varying massively between managers etc just wrecked any chance he had of msking it to a decent level.

It's why it's very encouraging to see the changes Thelwell has made and is making at academy level and also hearing Lampard speaking about the likes of Dobbin, Warrington etc and the clear focus on development in regards to younger players we seem to have adopted now.

Gives me hope we will see a lot more improvement rather than stagnation from people coming through the academy system going forwards

I think he just had one of those games v City really which any player can have when everything just clicks.

His development with him not being blessed with any particular physical attributes always depended on coaching and him being properly developed - changing managers every 12 months changing position multiple times every season especially earlier on, then missing time with injuries and his importance and game time varying massively between managers etc just wrecked any chance he had of msking it to a decent level.
I think Tom rode the Crest of a wave, mixed with people not being aware of him.

He takes a lot of chances. As soon as people became aware of that, and analysts footage starts slipping through, that gets filtered back and he players start to take the ball off him. That starts to affect confidence and quite quickly what once looked brilliant, now looks like a lack of care or too risky.

He never really adapted his game. No idea if he couldn't or didnt want to (enough anyway).

Yeah but that would be just plain racist.
Yes mate. I'm not talking about myself. You look at how players such as Rondon, Niasse etc were treated by our fans. Are they worse than Davies? Not a chance. What's the difference? Seems pretty obvious to me. Like I said, he's very lucky he's from where he is, for his own sake. Needs to leave for the good of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.