2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
….he’s a pleasant young man but I wouldn’t put that gear on a Guy Fawkes. Plus, if he’s got a back-pack i can’t understand why he doesn’t put his trainers in it.
Shirt could do with an iron as well.....Scruff lol

This England team makes me realise again how much TD has to work on his game. Kalvin Philips and Declan Rice are not that special, and behind them there's Jordan Henderson, Bellingham...but look how far Davies has to go to be at this level. All they seem to do is simple things very well, and not make mistakes. What's going to happen to Tom Davies ?

Is he a sitting midfielder, who just passes it around, and has good positional play?
is he going to be like Mason Mount or more like a no.10?
Is he (sorry) Jordan Henderson type - a sitting, tackling, box to box?
I don't know what Marcel Brands' role is, but developing players was supposed to be one of them, and if not him, who is bothered about this?

Was also watching Busquets the other day - one of the best int he world of course, and no comparison - but that way he just makes it look so easy, and he doesn't seem to move much, but his passing is crisp, accurate and forward-thinking.

Our midfield looks so much worse after watching even teams like Switzerland, Denmark, Czech republic - we have a looooooooooooooooooong way to go.

Good style

E5hPBXhX0AE3ACF
Haha, he's wearing the kind of stuff I used at the tail end of the 90s and early 00s. Bad scruffs we were too.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.