2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent game today Tommy D, decent player too. I just don’t think he will ever be quite good enough to play to the levels we are aiming for. I think new Everton are at a level above some of last season’s squads capabilities.

Hope I’m wrong about Tom, I have always liked his attitude, even when he is having a mare. He doesn’t hide.

Decent game today Tommy D, decent player too. I just don’t think he will ever be quite good enough to play to the levels we are aiming for. I think new Everton are at a level above some of last season’s squads capabilities.

Hope I’m wrong about Tom, I have always liked his attitude, even when he is having a mare. He doesn’t hide.
Might be handy as a squad player

He did that under Koeman once and it won us the game. We were getting nothing until we moved Tom to the right. Not sure he’s as effective now considering he is still shot of confidence, but I’d like to see him turn it around.
Wonder if Godfrey might get a game at rb if Coleman doesn't recover

He shied away too much in the first half doing nothing. Think the reason Carlos played Davies instead of Gordon or Bernard is perhaps to make him visible before transfer deadline.

Neither Bernard or Gordon play in Davies position. They would be a disaster there.

He has decent skills, but the most important thing he has going for him is fitness. He runs miles, and is running as hard at end as he does at the start. He might not help us much; but he isn’t going to hurt us much, either. Every club needs a few of those type players.

Pleased how well he did yesterday, in his natural position and at RB. Some of the challenges he made were brilliant, and he was showing for the ball all day.

I have never understood the pelters this lad gets - we know he's not been in great form but he never goes missing and always wants the ball, even when the team and himself we're not playing well.

You can see how much playing for Everton means to him every time he's picked, and I would have him in and around the squad ahead of many of the do called "senior" pros at the club.

If we get Gbamin and Delph fully fit by Xmas he needs to go out on loan in the 2nd half of the season. If all our midfielders are fit his chances are going to be limited. I like him but I believe he needs a run of games in a settled position. I know he's played over 100 for us but he's always been in and out and his role in midfield has been switched depending on who else is playing. He's played 6, 8 and 10 and also right wing. Not to mention the odd game at right back. I personally see him as an 8 in a 3 man midfield which suits our current system.

Status
Not open for further replies.