2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, had a beer and really want the lad to do well, his confidence looks in tatters
People have there opinions on Tom. I'd like to see him make it here. He did ok today but he should do a lot more. I've been saying for a while that he needs to build himself up physically so that he can cope with the physicality of the premier. This is why he often struggles to find a pass because the opposition can crowd him out. Happened today when he tried to pass to Siggy and his pass was cut out allowing their attacker to shoot narrowly wide. His misplaced passes drive me mad. I like Tom, don't have a problem with his dress sense. Just needs to really work on his game. Most games he is not good enough. He did most of the basics right today. Now he needs to do it consistently. If he can he can become a useful squad member who could cover a few positions

20201003_232349.jpg

at 3-1 no matter how intent Pickford seemed to get BHA back in the game, Davies made a fantastic tackle to keep it at that score. Slam the lad all you like but fair play to him for that. May not be good enough for where we want to be, but atm he is ok.

Davies was objectively good today, any other shout is wrong. But I also don't think he has a future as an important part of this club. Both of those things can be true. If he's happy to stick around as a rotational player, that's fine, especially until Gbamin proves he can stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.