2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's his preferred position?

This many years on and I'm still not even 100% on that. If it's CM then is it attacking or defensive?

Probably box to box technically. More so because he is not particularly good at doing either rather than him being good at both.

Some of the posters above are right though, there are probably more pressing issues in the squad right now.

Its no surprise we were far worse when he went off. He had done well at both ends of the pitch. Was solid going back and had created a clear cut chance which should have been a goal.

The decision to take him off is the worst call CA made yesterday.
This is indeed correct...

A lot of criticism about Davies is totally uncalled for & inaccurate...

We lost this game in the middle of the park not at wing back...

He is not a starter but I actually think it’s good to have home grown squad players around the first team.
there is no way wes brown, O’Shea ect were first team Man Utd quality but they were inporyant to the fabric of the squad

I wouldn’t start Davies usually, though he may get in with the number of games coming up. When I look at Carlo‘s bench and try to work out who is covering who I have Davies down for covering a few positions, for me he’s what they call a “ Finisher” in rugby . When he comes on Carlo tells him what he wants and he does it. Sadly hes not capable of winning the game with a goal or bursting run into the box, but he’ll shore up a position in the team and bring in a bit of energy if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.