2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't offer much going forward yet put a goal on the plate for a team mate.
Yes, that was the one time he got in behind and put a ball across the box. Didn’t get close to repeating that threat again, hence didn’t offer much going forward other than that one opportunity. If we’re playing a back three then we need a bit more of a contribution than that from our wingbacks. I wasn’t having a go at him, out of position and was pretty solid. Would have preferred 4 at the back and Kenny given a go whether people think he’s good enough or not, square pegs in square holes.

Yes, that was the one time he got in behind and put a ball across the box. Didn’t get close to repeating that threat again, hence didn’t offer much going forward other than that one opportunity. If we’re playing a back three then we need a bit more of a contribution than that from our wingbacks. I wasn’t having a go at him, out of position and was pretty solid. Would have preferred 4 at the back and Kenny given a go whether people think he’s good enough or not, square pegs in square holes.
Back 4, holgate RB, Keane, Godfrey, Niels LB.
Till we either get Coleman fit or bring in a RB in January.

Put it on a plate for Doucoure

...he did. I suspect that was the only time he got behind their back four, a terrific pass into him and he did well picking Doucoure out.

I’m just saying that position lends itself to mobility and pace, I don’t blame Tom Davies I just don’t understand the logic of playing him in a wide position when he’s likely to be impotent from an attacking perspective and vulnerable defensively.

...he did. I suspect that was the only time he got behind their back four, a terrific pass into him and he did well picking Doucoure out.

I’m just saying that position lends itself to mobility and pace, I don’t blame Tom Davies I just don’t understand the logic of playing him in a wide position when he’s likely to be impotent from an attacking perspective and vulnerable defensively.
Yeh I agree it’s a bizarre choice to play him there especially as Iwobi did well there the week before. I have no idea why kenny isn’t RWB and nkoukou at LWB

A player who I had high hopes for at the beginning of his career, now it’s obvious he doesn’t fit, not good enough, get rid for the clubs sake and for the players benefit.

He's still 22 and I think he can do a decent job for us, as an emergency right back or just told to sit infront of defence

Id much rather keep.him in and around the squad than some of the guff we have, he is also club trained which is good to have

What's his preferred position?

This many years on and I'm still not even 100% on that. If it's CM then is it attacking or defensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.