2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will need Tom Davies this season plenty of times with our injury prone midfield...

Gomes,Delph,Gbamin,Allan...

Would have been ill advised to ship him out on loan totally nonsensicle...

Yeah, when gbamin is back and been playing for a few months, we'd have enough numbers to get rid of delph or davies one way or another, it'd be too much of a risk imo this summer.

Carlos says he is a great utility player who can step in and play to instruction
He is 22
The Professor believes in him and will no doubt improve him
Those of you still suggesting he needs a season on loan give your heads a Wobble... he will develop no better anywhere in the world than with our current setup and Allan and Dacoure and James to learn from
He’s just about to step up
I'm not going to argue about Davies because its been done to death, but I do think people should maybe stop taking everything that managers say completely at face value. Ancelotti might really rate him or he might just be saying nice things in response to a direct question he's been asked about a player he has to manage every day. He said positive things about Kean but never played him and then let him go on loan, he said positive things about Pickford and then brought a new keeper in etc.

I'm not sure that Leon would agree that he didn't make a position his own. He was a regular starter for 10 years.

I meant he got shifted all over the place right wing left wing, centre midfield and number 10. Most of the time he was played out of position on the wings when he would have been far more suited to centre midfield or number 10.

I'm not going to argue about Davies because its been done to death, but I do think people should maybe stop taking everything that managers say completely at face value. Ancelotti might really rate him or he might just be saying nice things in response to a direct question he's been asked about a player he has to manage every day. He said positive things about Kean but never played him and then let him go on loan, he said positive things about Pickford and then brought a new keeper in etc.
He sauté nice things about Davis AND okays him
He would not play him if he didn’t rate him

Tell that to Alan Harper and Kevin Richardson.

Here is the thing...

Davies can play an important role this season as a squad player...

He can improve with better players around him this season to become a better improved player...

Every player in the squad is important & it's important that every squad has versatile players that can step in & do a job when needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.