2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure. If you wait long enough he’ll probably score again. Trying to predict when is a fools game.

It was not a prediction...

Tom has put in a few good performances so my comment was why not play him as he is due a goal & may even get the winner...

Uncanny, quirky & unusual things happen in FA cup ties & with Tom Davies playing well at present he might well score a goal tomorrow night...

Tom is a guy who can’t really afford to be as sloppy on the ball as he has been in the past. He doesn’t have the ball winning ability or the athleticism to make up for what he lacks. When he comes out with his strengths (long ball, through ball, craftiness on the dribble) he becomes a very solid squad player which is what we need him to be.

Hopefully the Goodison boos are out of Tom’s head for good. You can tell he hasn’t been there psychologically as have a few players after all the drama that occurred the past few years. Good luck

Tom is a guy who can’t really afford to be as sloppy on the ball as he has been in the past. He doesn’t have the ball winning ability or the athleticism to make up for what he lacks. When he comes out with his strengths (long ball, through ball, craftiness on the dribble) he becomes a very solid squad player which is what we need him to be.

Hopefully the Goodison boos are out of Tom’s head for good. You can tell he hasn’t been there psychologically as have a few players after all the drama that occurred the past few years. Good luck

Ancelotti has just been quoted as saying hes good tactically and to keep things simple as then he can get a spot in a 3 man midfield.

Basically said, hes not a top midfielder and cant play as a 10 but tactically hes strong so keeping things simple would get him games.

I'd really love Tom to become the player we want, he's had it harder than most these last years becoming a figure of fun due to his hobbies. If he continues to improve I'd love him to be here for his career. We have seen the green shoots of recovery or should I say discovery in his new deep role.

Well done Tom, keep it up.
Hear, Hear, well said mate.

Ancelotti has just been quoted as saying hes good tactically and to keep things simple as then he can get a spot in a 3 man midfield.

Basically said, hes not a top midfielder and cant play as a 10 but tactically hes strong so keeping things simple would get him games.

That’s Ancelotti getting the best out of what he’s been given. He’s improved Davies immeasurably but I’d be amazed if he’s part of the first team thinking for the next few years.

That’s Ancelotti getting the best out of what he’s been given. He’s improved Davies immeasurably but I’d be amazed if he’s part of the first team thinking for the next few years.
For me Davies is and defensive midfielder all day long...

So under study to Allan, these players (DMs) really don't start to hit peak until 25 26. and Tom will reach that age, just as Allan wanes with age.

Like Allan, Davies needs Dacoure type alongside him to create space to find pass or fill in. Just not going to be as effective with Gomes Siggy or James doing it...

I'd really love Tom to become the player we want, he's had it harder than most these last years becoming a figure of fun due to his hobbies. If he continues to improve I'd love him to be here for his career. We have seen the green shoots of recovery or should I say discovery in his new deep role.

Well done Tom, keep it up.
Played that role for young England... Its his best position, does the not so trendy exciting pitch side stuff very well, tracking and shielding, tacticians gift...

Last edited:
I’m always hoping Tom turns into a Peter Reid type of player, tough tackling and can pick a good pass. Maybe that type of player is not in the current game but with a decent run and decent players around him he could really kick on.

Gotta wonder what happened to that absolute tyro from 2017 though. Where's all that pace and energy gone. or was he just on 300% adrenaline mode every match

Saw that this morning as well.

Carlo knows what he’s talking about. Davies has done interviews previously saying his favourite position is an attacking midfielder. Although he had potential, it was never going to be as an attacking midfielder in a prem team challenging at the top end of the league.

He’s shown signs recently that his form is improving, hopefully it continues and we see a DCL like trajectory. If that’s down to Carlo telling him straight what he is and isn’t good enough to do and what to focus his development on then that’s very good management of a young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.